Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Ban Appeal

• largebox123
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #12105 by largebox123
Ban Appeal was created by largebox123
I was playing on Karbala as insurgent just now and got temp banned (unless it's actually permanent - the prompts don't specify). Even if it's only temporary I'd like to explain why I believe I was unfairly banned:
The known cache in the Western neighborhoods of the map have several balconies; these balconies also have several diamond-shaped holes in the waist-high wall. I was able to rope up to one that overlooked the cache and the dead-end alley that led up to the cache. The US team continually ran up the alley and I was able to shoot each of them in the back (through one of the diamond-shaped holes) as none of them thought to look back and up at the balcony. I was almost killed by the Stryker's 50cal through the wall before it was killed by the gary. Regardless, I was always crouched so it would be very difficult to spot me unless you were on a rooftop nearby or looking directly through the diamond-hole.
I had racked upwards of 11 kills (with no deaths) before I was banned, and I don't recall getting any warning message in-game. I understand that it may have seemed that I was wall hacking, but that was not the case.

My in-game name is: largebox123
CD hash: 6fc850aee5c6c554028bc346fd1e3658
I'll be glad to answer any questions, or even point it out the next time I'm in game. Looking forward to playing on yall's server again pending your response.
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by largebox123.
  • largebox123
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #12114 by largebox123
Replied by largebox123 on topic Ban Appeal
I had some down time since I didn't have any decent server to play on (everyone online is on the HOG server), so I went back and watched the battle recorder for the match and pulled some screenshots for reference.
[auto_2017_07_27_22_17_07.bf2demo]

The balcony:

View of the balcony from the cache:

Closeup of the balcony keyhole:

POV from the balcony keyhole:

Granted, I could very well be way off and have been banned for something completely different (I'm assuming it's because of this b/c the last I heard as I was getting kicked from the game were squad members talking over mumble pointing out that I got kicked/banned and maybe it was because of wallhacking?) If I was banned for an entirely different reason please let me know - thanks!
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by largebox123.
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 8 months ago #12115 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic Ban Appeal
based on this i have lifted your ban, sorry for that.
The following user(s) said Thank You: largebox123
  • largebox123
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #12119 by largebox123
Thanks mate!
More
6 years 8 months ago #12161 by Golden-Eagle
Replied by Golden-Eagle on topic Ban Appeal
I hope we can play karbala next haha!

Also Largebox can you tell me how did you use the Battlerecorder cause its not working for me
  • largebox123
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago - 6 years 8 months ago #12181 by largebox123
Yup - I'm a big fan of Karbala (or any city-based map with a plethora of balconies to camp from lol)

For Battlerecorder, download the demo file ( =HOG='s repository=HOG='s repository ) and save it on your computer within the Project Reality folder structure:
...\Documents\ProjectReality\Profiles\Default\Demos
(If you don't have a demos folder, just create one and save the BR demo file in it)
You can then replay the BR via the Barracks->Replays from the main game menu.

Some basic controls when replaying a BR file:
W, A, S, D, keys for general movement
Crouch (Ctrl) to lower the view
Prone (z) to raise the view
Hold down 'q' and use your mouse to select playback options (speed, pause/start/ restart, quit)
Hold down 't' and use your mouse to select between player-following or freecam
When locked and following a player, scroll the mouse wheel to zoom in/out
Press the space bar to switch between players; right mouse-click to quickly switch between player-following and the freecam
Lastly, take screenshots using your computer's default hotkey (e.g. Shift+Print Screen, or the likes), and the screenshot should show up in the ...\Documents\ProjectReality\Screenshots folder.

Hope this helps!
Last edit: 6 years 8 months ago by largebox123. Reason: Added the hyperlink to the repository of BR files.
Time to create page: 0.725 seconds