Banned for typing nigga on chat

• Shoo
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #1380 by Shoo
Banned for typing nigga on chat was created by Shoo
Long while back I got permabanned for typing nigga on chat in reference to a song behind this link

Triggerwarning:
The content on this video can considered racist.

The reason as to which I haven't made an appeal for such a long time is because I have managed reasonably well without the server. I don't know who banned me, I didn't receive a warning, but I believe it was invoking the rule that prohibits racism. Now I was aware of the rule and I had accepted it, but the problem here is that I understand racism to be a type of attitude towards race and not a list of words (and the admins unwillingness to engage with me also contributed to the situation). Tl;dr Words aren't racist, people are. I'm not here to argue about the rule though. I disagree with it but if I don't like it I can stay away from the server, I can argue against the rule or certain interpretation of it and that's that. From now on I will police my use of language on the server. I would also put it to you, HOG, that you might want to reconsider the no warning policy and that you moderate the puritan attitude as this is not a black and white issue.

I hope I have explained myself adequately and that my relationship to HOG is fixed.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Shoo.
More
8 years 4 months ago #1381 by Tequila
Replied by Tequila on topic Banned for typing nigga on chat
It is a black and white issue and I don't understand why people have a hard time with is. The rule is "No racism at all". There is no grey area. The word "nigger" is a racist term. We aren't going to revise our warning system. There is nothing to revise. Follow the rules or accept the consequences.

Proud =HOG= Guest Admin since 2012.
  • Shoo
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
8 years 4 months ago #1382 by Shoo
Replied by Shoo on topic Banned for typing nigga on chat
I understand now what you people mean by racism. I merely had a different idea of racism. The word nigger is not racist at all after all, so all this boils down to is misunderstanding. I am planning to abide by server rules that I choose to connect to. I am merely in disagreement with with how things should be ran. HOG can accept a difference in opinion, right?
  • =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 4 months ago #1383 by =HOG=Haley11thACR
Replied by =HOG=Haley11thACR on topic Banned for typing nigga on chat
No, your opinion is bullshit and we reject it as ignorant. You can accept our opinion right?
  • Shoo
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #1384 by Shoo
Replied by Shoo on topic Banned for typing nigga on chat
Sure, I accept it. But shouldn't it be enough that I follow (or try to follow) the rules on your server? I recognise that it is your server and you can you do with it what you want. My disagreements are a different issue.
I, too, reject racism, but I'm just not zealous enough to see it where it isn't.
And again, I'll probably say this every post I put on this threat, but I am well prepared to follow the rules of the server. Especially now that I'm better educated in them.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Shoo.
More
8 years 4 months ago - 8 years 4 months ago #1385 by Tequila
Replied by Tequila on topic Banned for typing nigga on chat

The word nigger is not racist at all.

When you look up the definition on www.dictionary.com it says this:

The term nigger is now probably the most offensive word in English. Its degree of offensiveness has increased markedly in recent years, although it has been used in a derogatory manner since at least the Revolutionary War. The senses labeled Extremely Disparaging and Offensive represent meanings that are deeply insulting and are used when the speaker deliberately wishes to cause great offense. It is so profoundly offensive that a euphemism has developed for those occasions when the word itself must be discussed, as in court or in a newspaper editorial: “the n-word.”

I don't know what kind of backwoods cave you were raised in to think that the term "nigger" isn't racist.

Proud =HOG= Guest Admin since 2012.
Last edit: 8 years 4 months ago by Tequila.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =HOG= c0dyb
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds