Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Ban appeal Bakunin. CD-Hash: d5d9539f9a9710f961c7d29224cf7336

• Bakunin
  • Bakunin's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 2 months ago #16290 by Bakunin
Reason: I was not banned or kicked while playing.

I do not know why I am banned or when it exactly happened. I did barrely play in the last 3-4 weeks.

Maybe the ban is related to the use of the proxy server "Hide.me VPN" that I have to run at my place - it is a student accomodation with some closed ports - in order to get connected to PR. Same is true with Steam at my place. I was also suddenly banned from PRTA without knowing of any misdemeanor on my part. That is why I think it might be related to the proxy server. I was using Hide.me from almost a year without having any trouble though.

Please let me know if there are other charges for the ban I might not be aware of.

Yours Thankfully A.Walter
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 2 months ago - 6 years 2 months ago #16293 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic Ban appeal Bakunin. CD-Hash: d5d9539f9a9710f961c7d29224cf7336
[2018-02-07 09:59] d5d9539f9a9710f961c7d29224cf7336 Bakunin. 81.171.26.5 VPN/Proxy detected; kicked by SERVER

cannot use vpns on our server. Why do you use a vpn?
Last edit: 6 years 2 months ago by =HOG= __Super_6__5__.
  • Bakunin
More
6 years 2 months ago #16299 by Bakunin
Hallo

As I explained above, I am living in a student accomodation with an internal network. The building administration is blocking some ports for some bleeding "net security reasons", so not even Steam is running here. There is nothing I can do about this, as long as I am living here.

To be able to get logged into Steam, Project Reality or other online gaming platforms, I need to use a proxy server to get around
the closed ports. Hence the use o "Hide.me VPN".

I do not use it to conceal my location or such. In fact I am living in Freiburg, Germany.

I have used it on PRTA for the last 9 months or so and had no related ban or anything till now.

Hope I can play on HOG again.

Yours sincerely Andreas Walter.

Attachments:
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 2 months ago #16305 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic Ban appeal Bakunin. CD-Hash: d5d9539f9a9710f961c7d29224cf7336
i deleted your last post, no need for your ip. The reason the servers are blocking vpn's is because the griefers and hackers are using them to troll and disrupt the servers. Since we have done that, its MUCH less. Sorry for the trouble. Doe the vpn ip stay the same all the time for you or does it change?
  • Bakunin
More
6 years 2 months ago #16307 by Bakunin
With this HideMe VPN client, it changes each time I log in.

Unfortunately, I do not know any other way to get around the closed ports to play online. If I had another methode I would not use this VPN client.
More
6 years 2 months ago #16310 by [CRC]_FORCE
There are methods where you get a random IP but that one stick to you if you want it to do so, not a big deal. I will see if I can find it again

Corps Commander of Calamity Ravens Corps.
Time to create page: 0.294 seconds