Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Ban Appeal

More
5 years 3 months ago #21005 by Shock
Ban Appeal was created by Shock
Hey I got banned about 5 minutes ago. I don't know if it has anything to do with me saying 'gook' in team chat but im pretty sure when I've played vietnam maps before I've heard people say it and type it without a problem. Of course given that blufor is killing nva and many people like to quote vietnam movie lines and what not. I have heard a lot of players say and shout the g word when it comes to vietnam maps and nothing happens to them. Surely I'm not the exception today?

cd hash: b0d29c2369c4fc725e57b1b665b84981

ingame: Shock'
  • =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 3 months ago #21008 by =HOG=Haley11thACR
Replied by =HOG=Haley11thACR on topic Ban Appeal
admin who banned u will be along.

2019-01-05 00:35] !TEMPBAN performed by ' KillroyIsHere' on ' Shock'': Constant chat spam
[2019-01-05 09:27] !WARN performed by ' KillroyIsHere' on ' Shock'': you are AFK for a long time
[2019-01-05 09:33] !BAN performed by ' KillroyIsHere' on ' Shock'': Obligatory Racism in chat. Will review further.
More
5 years 3 months ago #21018 by KillroyIsHere
Replied by KillroyIsHere on topic Ban Appeal
'Gook' was used as a racist statement. My girlfriend so happens to be vietnamese, and I know first hand how offensive this is and can be if used. You were also reported in mumble for saying other offensive statements, including the n-word.

Racism is not allowed on this server. Period. Didn't seem to care when I told you the night before when I gave you a verbal warning, then I have to read your garbage in all-chat.

Questions I have for you Shock:

Why should we unban you if clearly you don't respect other people?

How can we be sure you won't use that language again if given a second chance?
More
5 years 3 months ago #21019 by Shock
Replied by Shock on topic Ban Appeal
I haven't said the n-word on the server at all though I don't know who is making such claims. I have heard people myself in local chat say the n-word a few times recently to witch my squad mates laughed at then carried on with what we were doing. I know better than to say the n-word..just not the g-word because in the past it has never been an issue.
Also, I don't remember when you gave me a verbal warning. I am not denying that it happened I am just saying I was under the influence and honestly do not remember, ontop of that mumble is usually a shit storm anyways trying to hear local chat

I do respect other people, if during the end round time you would have said something along the lines of, "hey shock, my girlfriend is actually vietnamese and I'd rather you not use that word", I would have said ok not a problem and from then on not used the term.
I try to respect people when I'm given the chance basically. I'm not out to start trouble.

As for your second question, you can be sure I won't use this type of language again if I am given a second chance. Like I said, before this incident I've said the g-word without problem within context of vietnam maps of course..
However, I now understand this can offend some people, even indirectly and I don't want to be disrespectful towards anyone or cause any hard feelings. In fact I am willing to say it's inmature of me not to consider people's feelings in that way so this has been a learning experience for me if anything.
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 3 months ago #21024 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic Ban Appeal
the warning you seek is posted in the rules, they ARE warning you that we dont allow it.

1.1 No racist terms, words or insinuations. This is a bannable offense.

2 week ban
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shock
More
5 years 2 months ago #21223 by Shock
Replied by Shock on topic Ban Appeal
Hello not to be a bother but I tried to load into HOG just now and I am still banned. Did you mean 2 weeks from the time I was banned or 2 weeks from the time this was resolved?
Time to create page: 0.356 seconds