Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

***HOG-Event*** OpHiRed Feedback and Opinions

More
6 years 1 month ago #16697 by =HOG=Ruiz321
Replied by =HOG=Ruiz321 on topic ***HOG-Event*** OpHiRed Feedback and Opinions
My opinion:

The experience was great overall. I really miss those times when everyone really fought and gave its best in every round. This event brought that back and it was great!

My suggestions:

1- Team Assembly (Should be done in another, previous map)

Should be done using a previous map, there both teams would gather and assemble, final roles and assignments would be discussed. This would prevent team switching during the event itself, which happened during ours (In my case cause I joined after the event had started and the server sent me to the opposing team.

2- Having a battle plan (Discussion prior to the event)

A plan has to be discussed and agreed upon prior to the event. Every SL can suggest the final say is the commander's. Here backup location for crates, roles and assignements would be transmited to every SL, who in turn would pass the information on the assembly map to his squad only.

3- Recordings of the event

It would be nice to record in game footage of both sides ( having the chat is great!)

That's all.

P.S. - The final time zone has to be agreed upon, and can only be posted on the forum event page. It was a bit messy this time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Im Druid, =HOG=Rayray2014_, pwner_pt, =HOG=Rageblade
More
6 years 1 month ago #16728 by Im Druid
Replied by Im Druid on topic ***HOG-Event*** OpHiRed Feedback and Opinions
I enjoyed the event some what. For me it seemed like the USMC side had no dedicated plan, And their fall back options were very limited. Communication was also lacking on that side. As intel took ages to get passed down and i don't know why. There was a lot of missed opportunities because the squads were not given free reign on how to accomplish their objective as it seemed the commander was micromanaging every action. Which seriously stunted the teamwork aspect that we were looking for.

As was said by Ruiz, having a pregame set up map on the same map of course would be handy. Like a 10 minute window of discussion and getting prepped before the match actually starts would mitigate most of these problems. With the lack of being prepared the commander was forced to make rash decisions with what may have been an unfamiliar style of game play for them. So with what Ruiz said, i believe the problems i stated will be reduced significantly.
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #16735 by TheFuzz
Replied by TheFuzz on topic ***HOG-Event*** OpHiRed Feedback and Opinions
APC Squad had the exact opposite to say. Intel was delivered quickly and concisely. As far as fallback options are concerned we had crates at 4 + locations on the map, and I positioned small squads there in anticipation of retreat. The result was that our FOB's were never down for more than 5 seconds (usually less). I don't really know what you mean by micromanaging... I gave every squad specific orders and updated them frequently -- that was my job. I think that was reflected in our winning the match.

I agree that discussion time would have been useful, but it was non-critical and we maintained good organization throughout. The only time the team started to falter was when half of the team left mid game (same for RU) and our FOB defense became weaker. That was unfortunate and made the event a lot less fun and action packed during the end. I only ever had 1 tank crew, but after that I didn't have any while the enemy was consistently fielding at least 1 tank and usually 2.

Overall though I think the event was highly enjoyable and a great template for future events.

Edit: We also had a 5 player deficit for most of the latter part of the match. I know it would be difficult to fix this because of problems with ghosting if players are switched, but it's just something to keep in mind.
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by TheFuzz.
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds