The forum is in read only mode.

Racism

• =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 4 months ago #8839 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic Racism
im going to warn you again about false reporting too, you reported it here as, "FruitySam said some pretty racist shit about Japanese people.", which is NOT pretty racist shit about Japanese people and was wrong on how you presented it to us. You were trying to make it more than what it was. If you simply read the sentence its an abbreviation of the word.

If you said, why are we letting these japs have cas, then i would think he shouldnt say that. Drop the liberalism a bit and report legitimate things only.

Lastly, you didnt answer the question, i didnt ask you if you were a squad leader, i asked in the squad leader was talking in English. Was he talking in English on mumble and typing English words in chat?
  • Liam
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
7 years 4 months ago #8840 by Liam
Replied by Liam on topic Racism

Lastly, you didnt answer the question, i didnt ask you if you were a squad leader, i asked in the squad leader was talking in English. Was he talking in English on mumble and typing English words in chat?

Yes.
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #8856 by Ed
Replied by Ed on topic Racism
Hello i felt the need to join this discussion. If that's not allowed please remove this post but hopefully it will be read regardless. Jap is an ethnic slur. I have a ba in history. The term jap was widely used during world war 2 by means of allied propaganda saying statements like "the only good jap is a dead Jap." You can research this further if you wish.

Hog server is the last bastion in terms of providing a decent player experience and it says when you join the server that racism will get you banned. Liam has a legitimate complaint here and Super in particular is being overly dismissive. Also it said in his report "fruity said some pretty racist shit about Japanese people." Jap is an ethnic slur so yeah... that's pretty racist.

It is worrying when hog presents a rule so clearly, a player violates said rule and offends someone, and when the offendee brings it to admin attention they are warned for false reporting.

Apologies for spelling errors, sent from a mobile device.

Edit: I also felt it is worth noting that jap was a common expression used to describe Japanese Americans who were detained in internment camps due to their ancestry. A term used to describe these "prisoners" who did not have even basic human rights during their imprisonment is plain as day derogatory. The offender may not have meant it that way. But how is that any different than a player saying "what's up nigga."
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Ed.
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #8858 by =HOG= York
Replied by =HOG= York on topic Racism

Hello i felt the need to join this discussion. If that's not allowed please remove this post but hopefully it will be read regardless. Jap is an ethnic slur. I have a ba in history. The term jap was widely used during world war 2 by means of allied propaganda saying statements like "the only good jap is a dead Jap." You can research this further if you wish.

Hog server is the last bastion in terms of providing a decent player experience and it says when you join the server that racism will get you banned. Liam has a legitimate complaint here and Super in particular is being overly dismissive. Also it said in his report "fruity said some pretty racist shit about Japanese people." Jap is an ethnic slur so yeah... that's pretty racist.

It is worrying when hog presents a rule so clearly, a player violates said rule and offends someone, and when the offendee brings it to admin attention they are warned for false reporting.

Apologies for spelling errors, sent from a mobile device.

Edit: I also felt it is worth noting that jap was a common expression used to describe Japanese Americans who were detained in internment camps due to their ancestry. A term used to describe these "prisoners" who did not have even basic human rights during their imprisonment is plain as day derogatory. The offender may not have meant it that way. But how is that any different than a player saying "what's up nigga."

Your "BA in history" ? So what? I'll raise you a Doctorate in History. You to tell us about WWII examples that we are all well aware of, and that makes you an expert on what is racist now? Go back to school and learn the definition of "context". In WWII it was derogatory because it was meant to be derogatory. Every time and for a specific reason. It has no where near that connotation now, ESPECIALLY from people who do not have the wide range of knowledge of history as you. Jap and "n***er are not even comparable in the context of what they mean or stand for. The latter has a "history" that is long and consistent with what it means. The former has a short history that only became derogatory "because" of the war. It had no such derogatory meaning before that. It can and does have a meaning of abbreviation, as Super stated. Which is the context of the statement in the timeline.

So thank you for your input, but you are wrong. Cause if you take that as offensive in the context that it was made.... then you need to go back to where you got that BA in History and find a safe place.

And Liam, if I were you, I would heed Super's warning. If I had been in game and got your report and looked up the time line, I'd have kicked or banned you right there for false reporting and wasting my time with this crap.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by =HOG= York.
More
7 years 4 months ago - 7 years 4 months ago #8871 by Ed
Replied by Ed on topic Racism
hard to argue with that. You are wrong and arrogant York. Only thing I'll say is once again server says no racism, a racist term was used, player reported it. Simple stuff if you guys could think about it some more. If it still is not clear to you... Don't know what to tell you. Could beat around the bush about it being an abbreviation. He likely meant it that way. But Go find yourself a 50 year old Japanese American and call him a jap to his face, see how he feels about it.

Also noticed you fellas accusing people of being "overly liberal" and that they need to go to their safe place. I'm a right leaning non-millennial and retired military but thanks for assumption tough guy. Love your use of some of today's popular buzzwords. Stop parroting the shit other people say and think for yourself sometime. You'll come across as more intelligent when you interact with others.

been around a long time. It seems almost everyone who comes on here to discuss an issue is talked down to. Even if they're polite about it. Always makes me wonder what it must be compensating for. What's the deal here? Small dicks? lack of life success?

Have a good day and thanks for your time guys.
Last edit: 7 years 4 months ago by Ed.
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 4 months ago #8873 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic Racism
I guess Ed this isnt the place for you. In THIS case, you are wrong. You have NO IDEA what the guy meant, and for you to believe liam was right in blowing up the term to make it sound like he was spewing out the kkk manual is even more wrong. We do like feedback, otherwise we would just not allow you to post here at all, or delete your posts we dont like.
Funny you say you are right leaning when the mere fact of us giving OUR input is wrong and racist. Liberalism hard at work.

I would suggest you stroll on thru our ban appeals and pick out the racist ones and see for yourself. Funny how we are banning people for racism and now we are the racist ones because one guy quipped an abbreviation in one sentence and you want him hung and banned forever? Wow, thats not right leaning fella.

But hey, this isnt a server thats run by the government that wants to be all PC. This is a private server and we say we dont want racists here and we do take action on it, but in this particular case, the report was found to be lacking and on the edge of racism.

The wiki guide that was provided by liam, showed the first sentence to be an abbreviation of the word, York is right on the money, sorry you disagree, i guess we are a bunch of racist here.
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds