Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Racism

More
7 years 3 months ago #8875 by Ed
Replied by Ed on topic Racism
I appreciate someone how can stick to their guns on an issue. But in this case I feel as if the point is being entirely missed and it's no longer worth debating. However I'm particularly fond of the PC, liberalism, safe space stuff. It's pretty funny. My safe space throughout my last years has been in war, it's where I've felt comfortable and thrive, it's being back home and living a normal life that's proved to be the hard part, how about yours? I'll make these points in closing.

- Liam did not blow anything up, he simply made a report and wondered why he was warned by an admin for his report. Completely logical.
- For taking the time to make his report on what he viewed as consistent with server rules, he was given a warning and told to cut his liberalism. That could have been handled better.
- People who think they know more about someone's political stance than they do are likely not worth arguing with.
- No one ever called issue to HOG's stance on racism, and certainly no one ever called a hog member racist in this thread. "now we are the racist ones because one guy quipped an abbreviation in one sentence" Just flat out makes no sense here. It is well known that they ban people who use many racist terms. Their way of speaking to and handling Liam, as well as my own part of the discussion and many others over time, in an alternate universe might have been handled with a bit less condescension, maybe even some mutual respect.

This is not directed at all hog members. A select few. Most of you are great guys, fun to play with, and I've had nothing but positive experiences with you.

Thanks again for taking the time to respond. Hope you guys have a good holiday.
  • Liam
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
7 years 3 months ago #8876 by Liam
Replied by Liam on topic Racism
And just when I thought the thread had ended...

While I don't fully agree with the response(not that I disagree that much either), all is clear now at least. I'll keep such reports for more clear cut cases in future should they arise.
More
7 years 3 months ago - 7 years 3 months ago #8877 by =HOG= York
Replied by =HOG= York on topic Racism

Their way of speaking to and handling Liam, as well as my own part of the discussion and many others over time, in an alternate universe might have been handled with a bit less condescension, maybe even some mutual respect.

Discussion? Respect? Funny, you make an accusation of arrogance and then condescension, and yet you're the one that butt's into a thread that has nothing to do with you and state, "I have a ba in history", then proceed to lecture us on the meaning of the word, no less some common history. (of which you left so much out) And it's racism because you say it is, because you're an expert.

But no arrogance or condescension there ......

Classic....

I agree with Super, this isn't the place for you. Have a nice holiday yourself and move along.

Liam, appreciate your last post. See you in game.
Last edit: 7 years 3 months ago by =HOG= York.
The following user(s) said Thank You: PePaw
More
7 years 13 hours ago #10517 by Resyled
Replied by Resyled on topic Racism
"we just dont look for racism behind every door like some liberal social scientist wannabe"

I only had to look around for 5 minutes to find something to laugh at. You guys might want to have a chat with some of your admins then because some of them don't know what racism actually is.
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds