• Liam
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
7 years 4 months ago #8826 by Liam
Replied by Liam on topic Racism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jap

While the SL in question isn't exactly Shakespeare, he seemed to have no problem communicating the necessary stuff with the team that round.
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 4 months ago #8828 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic Racism
Jap is an English abbreviation of the word "Japanese."

You talked to him? In english?
  • =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 4 months ago #8834 by =HOG=Haley11thACR
Replied by =HOG=Haley11thACR on topic Racism
I understand what u are saying...It seems that when typing, abbreviations are common and I did not take it as racist...seems a bit of a gray area...Im inclined to let it go. Seems that guy wont be here long anyway...
The following user(s) said Thank You: Liam
  • Liam
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
7 years 4 months ago #8835 by Liam
Jap is also a racial slur.
Paki and Chink are also just abbreviated and shortened words for nationality, and then there's another word which is an Anglicanisation of the Spanish word for 'black', but I won't write that one here. Are those okay?

And yes. I was APC SL.
  • Liam
  • Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
7 years 4 months ago #8836 by Liam

I understand what u are saying...It seems that when typing, abbreviations are common and I did not take it as racist...seems a bit of a gray area...Im inclined to let it go. Seems that guy wont be here long anyway...

Thanks. I'm not looking for a perm ban or anything, but I don't think anybody enjoys having racial slurs thrown at them and it being just turned a blind eye to.
  • =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 4 months ago #8838 by =HOG=Haley11thACR
Replied by =HOG=Haley11thACR on topic Racism
we are not looking to be the thought police and we do not seek to understand what offends everyone. We are looking to prevent the ever to common use of clearly racist words here in the US. The word nigger was thrown around so much its disturbing. That was the whole point of the rule. Having said that we will ban for any clearly racist intent but its a case by case basis...we just dont look for racism behind every door like some liberal social scientist wannabe
Time to create page: 0.204 seconds