Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Vehicle warfare map at least once a day?

• KubraKhan
  • KubraKhan's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 1 month ago - 7 years 1 month ago #9906 by KubraKhan
Vehicle warfare map at least once a day? was created by KubraKhan
It would great if we could do a tank/jet/heli vehicle warfare map once a day so more people get good at assets and mainly just for fun. I've never flown the F15 and only flown the Mig21 once, so I could use some practice, and I'm sure some other regulars wouldn't mind getting used to tank duels/dogfights without the pressure of losing the asset. Now, everytime I ask you admins for such a map, you all say it's too much work to handle due to all the tks. Fair enough, but what if the rules (mainly for tks) were not strictly applied just for this type of map? Regulars wouldn't be banned/kicked for accidents or ff.
Additionally if we don't use carrier maps ( REBEL/FALKLANDS) there would be a lot fewer crashes on take-off/landing, and we could easily assign parts of the runway for take-off/landing on maps like kashan or Khami. Feedback welcome
Last edit: 7 years 1 month ago by KubraKhan.
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 1 month ago #9907 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic Vehicle warfare map at least once a day?
good idea except it seems when we have tried this before, the server population dies. The asset people like it but the rest dont.
  • KubraKhan
More
7 years 1 month ago #9981 by KubraKhan
Replied by KubraKhan on topic Vehicle warfare map at least once a day?
Could you try it when the server is seeding with like 6 players? Nothing like some dogfights to start the evening battles :D
More
7 years 1 month ago #10051 by Hayal
Replied by Hayal on topic Vehicle warfare map at least once a day?
Once per day its too much for a vehicle warfare map. Just think in the pain it would be for admins dealing constantly with people wasting the assets, trainning servers are for that, to practice with assets, or the coop. Try it out with an experienced mate and you will be good and having fun.
  • =HOG= BeBoPcOwBoY
More
7 years 1 month ago #10052 by =HOG= BeBoPcOwBoY
Replied by =HOG= BeBoPcOwBoY on topic Vehicle warfare map at least once a day?
To suggest that large asset maps are good for seeding means you have not seen the consequences of seeding with these maps. On the contrary large maps like that work against seeding. Lot of ppl don't know how to use the assets or do not want too. That leaves most people running around on these huge maps with not much to do but get smashed by the asset users. Which in turn creates a not so fun environment and ppl choose to quit and wait for the next map or find another server. Regardless of how many ppl are on the server, we play by the rules to include not wasting assets. We don't encourage people to use the server as a place to learn how to fly and use heavy assets, their are training servers for that.
  • KubraKhan
More
7 years 1 month ago #10054 by KubraKhan
Replied by KubraKhan on topic Vehicle warfare map at least once a day?
You guys are missing the point.First of all, this about having fun and dogfighting without worrying about the team losing an asset. Second, I've played on hog for a while now and usually help seed and I know that at 2pm very few US players will be able to join because they're at work etc., and the euro guys are on hardcore or candy. With 5 or 6 people on ( usually regulars), it's the perfect time for some khami or kashan vw. The online admin doesn't need to tb people for tks/asset waste unless it's a troll. I don't suggest putting a VW map when the server is full or starting to fill up, but when you got 4 people why not? Think of the good fun :D
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds