Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Rules discussion, Bamyan ALT

• Lego-Boy
  • Lego-Boy's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 3 months ago #14900 by Lego-Boy
Rules discussion, Bamyan ALT was created by Lego-Boy
Greetings! Well this topic is about the A-10 in bamyan ALT where the airfield isn't part of the DOD, so today i was doing CAS, on the way back to the airfield got hit by an AAV, managed to land while on fire, a moment of joy for the blufor team. While repairing a techie chased me and took me down, while i was still repairing! The flag wasn't capable yet btw... i guess this situation got to be discussed between admins so that a rule like in muttrah city get set, smth like airfield is considered as DOD until it's capable, remember the A-10 doesn't respawn and it's valuable for thr US side... i'm looking for answers from you dear admins, HOG is one of the best servers and i want to see some work on this, got witnesses if we need to
Lego-Boy kindly :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: flanker_
More
6 years 3 months ago #14904 by =HOG=JMoney
Replied by =HOG=JMoney on topic Rules discussion, Bamyan ALT
  • Lego-Boy
More
6 years 3 months ago #14906 by Lego-Boy
Replied by Lego-Boy on topic Rules discussion, Bamyan ALT
Hey Jmoney thanks! But sorry i see no point from this picture, i'm asking if we can get some specific rules such like in muttrah city smth like:
Do not attack the A-10 repair station unless airfield is in Taliban's hands,
a simple and a logical rule, just think about it instead of trying to prove that i'm wrong, also just to mention, HOG rules do say

Just rethink about it please! Again thanks
Attachments:
More
6 years 3 months ago #14907 by chrisweb89
Replied by chrisweb89 on topic Rules discussion, Bamyan ALT
It has a repair/rearm point for the plane, and is far from any of the combat area unless the flag is on play. This should be a no-brainer decision for any experienced PR player that it is a main until AAS says so. Just like old silent eagle and the German airfield.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • Lego-Boy
More
6 years 3 months ago #14909 by Lego-Boy
Replied by Lego-Boy on topic Rules discussion, Bamyan ALT
Exactly chris that's what i meant...
Admins here's the guy's name who did this if you're giving me right
S.I.F| ali_emra
More
6 years 3 months ago #14911 by =HOG=Ruiz321
Replied by =HOG=Ruiz321 on topic Rules discussion, Bamyan ALT
I don't see that airfield as being main in the ALT layer. It is, in my view a forward airfield and an asset that needs to be looked after.

I see no conflict with the server rules at all.

Is it DOD? No. Is it last Flag? No.

A team wants to have the battle value of the asset in play, they better be ready to accept that it can be lost and provide for it's protection in a combined arms approach. Just like anything else an aircraft as powerful as it can be is still vulnerable specially specially on the ground.

The way the map is set in my opinion, requires that airfield be protected as an integral part of the US team plan. I see the taliban trying to set up manpad ambushes in the surrounding hilltops, trying to overrun the repair facilities with a rampaging techie convoy.

Just like so many real life examples, a fight for that airfield is a real test to both teams, attacking or defending it puts alot at stake and requires proper team work. It is AAS not ins the taliban also have alot to lose by trying to get the prize there.
The following user(s) said Thank You: _Rogue_Assassin_
Time to create page: 0.298 seconds