Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Weird "Incident", most likely false report

More
5 years 8 months ago #19217 by protoj
Replied by protoj on topic Weird "Incident", most likely false report
I'm just going to add my two cents.
From my perspective it went like this: We peeked, expecting at most one tank. We get hit and our tanks gets tracked and gun disabled (the 99 damage in 1s). And then we die, the other tank's crew left leaving me SL. I hear complaints of negligent SL and then I'm kicked.

I have played assets on this server for years and this is the first instance I've seen of anyone getting kicked for losing assets in combat while properly manned. I've played countless games where armor gets wrecked within 5 minutes, but they never get kicked. Most of the time they ragequit, but never kicked. Stuff like this happens and being out-intelled is always the reason. Why is this situation different?

I'll back up Arphis in that the information broadcasted over SL radio NEVER reached Arphis or me. neither of us were squad lead during this engagement. The chat can move fast especially if there are a lot of messages, and when we were pushing, I was looking at the environment looking for contacts. The information of two tanks in that area did not reach me and Arphis in time to stop our advance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arphis
  • Arphis
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 8 months ago #19229 by Arphis
Replied by Arphis on topic Weird "Incident", most likely false report
Well thx Lespyd, and while it may seem that Mare is trying to get me banned, it is quite funny to read, having your accent in mind :: )

BTT:

So first "...but also your squadleader was being informed through comms about enemy positions..." and "...I was on the horn repassing info..." and "Your squad was not repassing vital information for your mission." absolutely irrelevant as a reason for Protz and me being kicked. I explained in my second post: Nothing related to SL-chat is relevant for us, as it did not get passed to us. If you think otherwise, I'd like you to explain why or how. And seeing how you emphasize on the SL-chat, I am starting to believe some hostilities amongst SL's were more of an actual reason for the kick than us failing.

All I can say about the tracker-gif is how perfectly it explains the way we intended to flank them. They were shooting from H9 and I9 up north we got around the forest hoping to get them on their rear. We get spotted, they turn around and set up. You can even see their UAV.

As for the chatlog excerpt u posted. That is a highly ambiguous claim, since everyone who doesnt read the chatbox can be accused of not reading it, while everyone who does read can be accused of not focusing on the their sights/FOV. Personally I can say I didnt follow chat that much, we had a marker and an objective, I was busy scanning fronts and sides, we expected to get some contact. Yeah I did not focus on reading, driving was my priority.

Since you brought it up, I also question your argument regarding the accuracy of the chat:

You say the team provided us with "accurate" locations which should have enabled us to make a better decision,

[17:59:19 TEAM 2] Puden: tank G10
[17:59:23 TEAM 2] Puden: in the open
[17:59:42 TEAM 2] Puden: 2 x tanks H10 moving west

According to this, within 24 seconds, a tank moved from G10 to the east into H10, united with the other tank and they both went west again. You can see in the tracker-gif that this is actually wrong, but while I consider this a reasonable and useful armor report, you call it "accurate" and attribute something to it, that obligated us to succeed. Then there is this logical flaw, when you say "forcing you guys to engage stationary tanks head on" while contradictory to that the chat said "2 x tanks H10 moving west".

Chat was basically saying the tanks were where we expect them, doing what tanks do. A position report, nothing special or overly valuable and I dont know how that should have changed or even improved our decision.

I would like to have the exact servertime Protz and I died, so I could count back how much time we had in between reading the last chat entry and encountering enemy tanks, to put everything into a more complete perspective.

And the reason I take the whole matter personally is that it was against my person, so its literally personal. After seeing the tracker file I wonder which standard you apply. Large parts of our infantry fails at a flag rush and our APC's, who were full of trusted and skilled players, got stomped. Do I blame them? No. Do I wonder whats fine about them failing, but terrible about us? Yes I do. I like to have a standard I can follow, and if you are to going to apply this standard on other players, I will be curious to see 90% of the people running assets getting kicked, with the guys that to took us out being part of the 10% getting spared.

One last thing. If you're trying to let a discussion in a forum end, patronizing demotion is highly counterproductive. For the same reason people load clickbait videos to Youtube with titles like "13 things you've been doing wrong eating", it keeps people involved by antagonizing them. So when you say generic sentences like "If you want to use heavy assets, please understand there'a huge responsibility within, and please communicate with other squads in order to avoid situations like this" and "see it as a learning opportunity" to someone who spends the amount of time on this server I do, it has a similar effect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KubraKhan
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #19230 by Halgesson
Replied by Halgesson on topic Weird "Incident", most likely false report

and "Your squad was not repassing vital information for your mission." absolutely irrelevant as a reason for Protz and me being kicked.

You seem to be focusing this too much. You and Protz got kicked simply because you were the only two left on the squad. The other two bailed out, if they had nothing to hide I guess they wouldn't do that, right?

You are taking this way more personally than you should. A kick is a method to drag the player attention onto something and/or interrupt an action. Your squad was getting into a stupid argument earlier that round regarding fob building (if I am not mistaken) and then a couple minutes later I see you guys getting killed without engaging a single enemy. I am really trying to get why is it such a big deal you got kicked for negligently using an asset. You can have an outstanding resume on the server, but acting like that shows you were not on your game that afternoon.The gif I made actually shows the tanks moving west just as the chat described, you can clearly see that one of them got stationary on H10, I don't know what you are trying to justify.

Do I wonder whats fine about them failing, but terrible about us? Yes I do. I like to have a standard I can follow, and if you are to going to apply this standard on other players, I will be curious to see 90% of the people running assets getting kicked, with the guys that to took us out being part of the 10% getting spared.

The difference is that they didn't had the information your squad had, and they managed to at least kill someone.

Do you think I have some personal vendetta against you or that I woke up on the wrong side of the bed? I saw a situation that needed my attention and acted according to the information I had at that time. I stand for what I did, I stand for my actions and I still don't see anything wrong with it.

I am honestly done with this ''I did this, I did that''. If you think I acted wrong or you should make a report about it, go ahead and message the head-admins.
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Halgesson.
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #19232 by Deleted
Replied by Deleted on topic Weird "Incident", most likely false report
Edit: Internal
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by Deleted.
More
5 years 8 months ago - 5 years 8 months ago #19237 by KubraKhan
Replied by KubraKhan on topic Weird "Incident", most likely false report
Lol cmon guys if hog started kicking people for "negligence" we'd all be kicked at some point.You'll have to start kicking people for spewing out bad intel too, which is a real problem these days. Arphis and Protz are experienced regulars and seeing them kicked and then insulted here on the forum is pathetic. It's an old game in which you can see friendlies on the "map" and get "revived" after being bombed by a jdam. Why antagonize the regulars when there are plenty of griefers and teamswitchers that need the admin's attention
Last edit: 5 years 8 months ago by KubraKhan.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =HOG=arm-off-please-help, Arphis, protoj
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 8 months ago #19239 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic Weird "Incident", most likely false report
Admins are not allowed to use there powers to control game play. If a player is shitty then he is shitty, that is what makes the game, good players, not so good players etc.
Sitting off to the side deciding who is or is not pulling their weight is not the admins job in any way.
GROSS waste of assets is, losing a few tanks in battle because the player is not wise enough is not.

If you were told of the tanks and went anyway, yes, you are stupid.

We are not going to start admining this way, if you are admining this way i assure you it will not be for long.

You WILL investigate reports for their validity or you will not be an admin here.

You WILL follow the admin directives and your training or you will not be an admin here.

You WILL enforce hog rules as they are written without your own spin on them or you will not be an admin here.

If you do not understand something, ask or you will be removed.

Again, your job is not the supreme commander that tells everyone what to do and where to go, you are to enforce hog rules.

Players play smarter, admins, check yourselves or be removed.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =HOG=Haley11thACR, KubraKhan, Arphis, protoj, G4S3, R1ghty, =HOG=thescooper
Time to create page: 0.118 seconds