Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Two issues

• Shnicklefritz
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 week ago #10446 by Shnicklefritz
Two issues was created by Shnicklefritz
Yesterday while on Muttrah, auto_2017_04_11_19_33_17.bf2demo, I was flying Trans and was the lone pilot. ~1 min in the game and no further than 25m from the carrier deck in the Osprey, I was tk'd by Crimsonfury967. I did tell his squad that I wasn't giving them a ride, I was only doing crate drops. I thought that he shot the Osprey with a LAT, but after watching the above BR, he put 2 sticks of C4 on the Osprey before I lifted off. He was temp banned. Which brings me to a theme I have noticed lately, inconsistent and weak punishments for certain offenders. I've seen intentional tk's get a kick once and ban another time, asset stealing treated with a kick and a temp ban the next. Granted I did report him as having LAT'd the Osprey. Regardless if it was C4 or a LAT, it shows a clear intention on his part and this is the type of trash player and action that belongs elsewhere and I feel warrants a ban. I understand that habitual offenders and repeated warnings play a part in punishment decisions and every admin is different, but again, this is the type of trash that is expected elsewhere and ought to be dealt with harshly. I play on HOG because generally, admins are consistent, fair and swift with punishment when needed. But I have noticed a diminishing in the consistency and harshness in certain punishments for certain offenses.

Second, I've been noticing that admins have been gravitating towards one team, latest example was yesterday for several maps in a row around Soul Rebel, auto_2017_04_11_16_42_11.bf2demo. Three Brit trans choppers were destroyed by a MiG literally idling on the carrier. This was reported several times by multiple people yet absolutely nothing was done about it. In fact after watching the BR, enemy jets were flying and engaging low right over Brit main towards the end of the map. I couldn’t tell if it was a redirect missile or intentional, regardless, it shows that Russian MiGs were low and close enough to main to raise concern. Also, Russian Hind and BRDM's repeatedly attacked the Kingston flag when the flag was not capable, yet nothing done (I thought Kingston was off limits until it becomes a capable flag). I don't think the Russian side had an admin on the team when this transpired which is probably why nothing was done. I know that admins are on the server to play and have fun just as much as the next person, but it seems that when a team has an overabundance of admins on one team, there becomes a clear disconnect between the admins and the opposite team, which leads to rampant and blatant rule breaking and !r’s that go unnoticed or ignored.

It’s not my intention to come on here to bitch and complain, but I do feel that these areas need to be addressed to keep the trash out of HOG.

Thanks for reading.

Shnicklefritz
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds