Squad server?

• =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • =HOG=Haley11thACR's Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 11 months ago #10786 by =HOG=Haley11thACR
Squad server? was created by =HOG=Haley11thACR
PR seems to be coming to an end...Im going to go try squad again now that its supposed to be much improved...please go try it out and see what u think...if it seems worth it maybe we can consider getting a server...please give some feedback...
  • =HOG= Moozery
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • =HOG= System Administrator
More
6 years 11 months ago #10792 by =HOG= Moozery
Replied by =HOG= Moozery on topic Squad server?
I personally like Squad and I think it replicates PR's feel pretty well. That being said there's obviously some significant differences in the communities of the two. With the higher community population of Squad, there's probably a lot more competition with the larger amount of servers, I'd think that keeping a Squad server decently populated regularly would heavily rely on seeding, as with the higher quantity of servers there'd be less "server loyalty" (i.e. majority of people would probably pick a populated server over their favorite server).

Being that Squad gets a lot of it's players from the Steam community, there'd likely a much more casual tone compared to PR and I feel like our rules would have to be loosened up a bit to match a more of a casual style of play, I think that would be the biggest difference of all.

That's just my input, but I haven't had a chance to really dig right into Squad just yet. Been trying to but every time my slow ass internet finishes an update another one releases lol

"My brain has too many tabs open, and I can't figure out which one is playing that freaking song!"
More
6 years 11 months ago #10801 by =HOG= Dogfart
Replied by =HOG= Dogfart on topic Squad server?
I have the full-boat version of Squad and have played it about 30 minutes. I'm not against it (at all) but it seems my PC needs to be upgraded appreciably to play it. Not opposed to doing that either...it's due. I'm not sure why you think PR is "coming to an end"...if it is...it is, but I haven't noticed that much of a decline. Are you referring to player participation or support from Dev's...or both? Regardless, if you're asking if I'll support a dedicated Squad server the answer is:

Go Hogs!
'Murica!
Phuq Yeah!
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #10805 by =HOG= mongalswrath
Replied by =HOG= mongalswrath on topic Squad server?
It also gets a lot of players from PR. There might be more name recognition with a =HOG= server in Squad then you'd think.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by =HOG= mongalswrath.
More
6 years 11 months ago #10822 by Deleted
Replied by Deleted on topic Squad server?
I played a bit last night, some thoughts:

- Much more fast-paced
- Recoil is less
- Harder to see players (may just be not used to it)
- Graphics definitely updated
- UI is a bit clumsy, but could just be that I'm not used to it yet.
- Rally system was different. SL only needs one within 8m, and can only respawn 9(?) people until rally exhausts.
- Kits can't be dropped! So if you're medics go down, they must spawn back in at the rally or FOB.
- Maybe the it was the server I was on, but admin mod was lacking. Not sure how to report and not sure how logs work. Will explore some more
- FOB system is different, more complicated than just "crates", its by supply points.
- Games seem to be one sided but haven't played enough to find out
- Communication and teamwork is decent, most people have mics.
More
6 years 11 months ago #10824 by Pep
Replied by Pep on topic Squad server?
I have the game, was a kickstarter supporter, but I've played just 2-3 times and last time I've played was before mortars and rocket techie were implemented.
That said, I keep playing PR. Reason? This kind of game is much dependent on the others playing with you. Better graphics, yes, same PR "feel", yes, but there isn't a HOG server and I do like to have the wider range of assets we have in PR at the moment.
No doubt the later will be developed in time (Helicopters, Planes, tanks, IFV's and boats) so probably it will be a great game to play if we manage to have the HOG spirit there. I agree that the HOG label might solve the server population and the type of population specially If we manage to get Jevsky there (Even if yesterday he burned my ears...he was right, but I must assume I was in a bad day, sorry Jevksy...You slightly...just slightly older than me so I do apologise).
I guess the question is not if HOG should have a server but the right timing to make a server. Too early might de-populate HOG PR server (And some of us like to still play in it) and too late might get current HOG players that want to play squad to get used to other servers. Then there is the cost of keeping both servers.
Not an (official) HOG member but I vote yes. (I already started to adapt my server checker to SQUAD too just in case - More on that on a near future)
Time to create page: 0.180 seconds