The forum is in read only mode.

@ Swamp and the other guys DOD in Ramiel

• prwars Nardz123
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 9 months ago #11239 by prwars Nardz123
Replied by prwars Nardz123 on topic @ Swamp and the other guys DOD in Ramiel
Oh I agree. Where you got shot is main. No dispute at all. And I also agree that people COULD approach from another angle (assuming they know exactly where the mortars are).

But the issue I have is... this is all just tempting fate. I'm just a long-time player making an observation about what I've seen happening pretty reliably lately by some folks. It's annoying and preventable behavior.

Also -- just so I am reading this right -- you're saying that glitching 3 mortars, and other extra assets (e.g. 2 tows), etc is allowed? I sincerely hope not.
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #11240 by Jevski
Replied by Jevski on topic @ Swamp and the other guys DOD in Ramiel
I dont mind your opinion at all on this. And this wasnt the first baserape on that location. There where several where I got shot from lots of other locations, both north of that at the edge of the city, west at the arches, you know down the road west of ins main, and one instant of being shot inside where the rocket tech spawns.

I dont know how the glitch is done or is it is one.. But I dont make the rules, and ive asked Haley exactly about this because it was becoming an issue for some.

But you can actually make to tows close to eachother without glitching.

Build fob A. 210 meters further away you build Fob B. Tow must be placed 200 meters from fob. ie, you can have 2 tows 5-10 meters from each other. One for Fob A, and one for Fob B.

And you can C4 3 motars, you cant c4 a fob inside a building. And a fob inside a building also often leads to ppl staying in the building shooting out. But again, take it up with Haley.
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Jevski.
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #11241 by Yakk
Replied by Yakk on topic @ Swamp and the other guys DOD in Ramiel
You cannot do the method you mentioned anymore jevski.

This is done by exploiting the deployment system. I am very suprised haley would give this exploit the thumbs up.
You should probably review that.. It's clearly an exploit unintended by the devs, and their comments reflect that.

having two tows/aa on a fob is exponentially stronger, same with 3 mortars.

Allowing people to build that close to DOD will incite people to shoot both in and out. I suggest you adopt a rule like 'Your mortars must be 1 large grid square away from the DOD".

This is a recent problem as the building requirements of 200m away from command post was removed for INS, and swamp discovered a new exploit. He's managed to combine the two to create a super problem.
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Yakk.
  • =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 9 months ago #11242 by =HOG=Haley11thACR
Replied by =HOG=Haley11thACR on topic @ Swamp and the other guys DOD in Ramiel
I didnt think 3 mortars was a big deal...we used to have 3...why does it matter so much? I assume it will be fixed in a patch....Can both teams get 3? As far as mortars by DOD the next player that does it will be gone...Trying to make rules for common sense is next to impossible...seems lately more players lack and sense of sportsmanship or respect for the game....
More
6 years 9 months ago #11243 by =HOG=Ruiz321
Replied by =HOG=Ruiz321 on topic @ Swamp and the other guys DOD in Ramiel
On the 3 mortar pits issue, for me it is not a problem. If he could "spawn glitch" infinite amounts of emplacements at a time we would have a problem. As it stands I place this, at the most, in the same category as the suicides to teleport to main faster, destruction of logi trucks to get them faster in main by re spawning instead of driving back across the map, delete/rebuild to not deplete crates or risk assets on delivery etc etc.

How can we make sure a guy drove the logi on to enemy fire to respawn faster or got ambushed? How do we judge intent on suicides to teleport? etc

So, on the mortar base palcement, on the matter is the only problem I see, not the 3 pits part, the idea of 1 large away from DOD seems good enough to consider. It would be a easy ruling to understand and deal with It.

I see this as the IFV clarification rule on the APCs. IFV were for a time a problem. With that and the thumb rule regarding two crewman or one sorted out the "SHIT BOX" problem in Silent Eagle, and Marlin, for instance.

We didn't need a million rules to get those two issues sorted when they changed the vehicle pool in some maps. I believe we can get this one sorted by something like that idea the guys are proposing of 1 big grid away from DOD. With some tweaks to deal with some unforeseen issue I believe it is a good simple rule.
  • BaconCody
  • BaconCody's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 9 months ago #11244 by BaconCody
Replied by BaconCody on topic @ Swamp and the other guys DOD in Ramiel
Good evening ehm afternoon,
regarding the 3 mortar pit „exploit“ I agree with the HOG´s.
It’s an easy thing to neutralize 1 additional pit and both teams can do it. Further, no one will have an asset loss since they can only be built together anyway. However, I don’t support the construction of map limited assets like TOW´s or FOB´s, since we would take the possibility away from the team to build one on the frontline etc.

STOP bitching about exploiting the game… using (patching yourself/use AT´s ) enemy kits… turning off the engines with an active gunner… building FOB´s inside buildings… c4 through walls… looking at the screen´s corners to enhance view-distance… destroying assets so they respawn in main… dropping crates through walls/into buildings… blocking of buildings with asset-foundations… dropping limited kits to get an additional one… suicide to respawn... using phytonPIP to set up mortars…
You are all exploiting the game… hypocrites … how can “we” admin all this? -it’s impossible.

The DOD problem… building in DOD is already prohibited.
I like the idea with the one grid distance instead of a fixed distance in m, since it would incorporate the map size, on the other hand it would be another DOD from the DOD… what’s the point of an DOD if we need another one?! Also, I can hear everyone bitching ... its only 0.99 grids away... from where do you measure it… etc.

Let the dev´s patch it, if they think this goes too far… lol

Cheers Cody

"You know I’m proud to have that German blood, there’s no question about it. Great stuff"
- Donald J Trump
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds