Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

@ Swamp and the other guys DOD in Ramiel

More
6 years 9 months ago #11195 by Yakk
Replied by Yakk on topic @ Swamp and the other guys DOD in Ramiel
Swamp is also causing problems on FCV. He tries his very best to exploit every chance he gets, always building next to/inside DOD, in repair bays etc

www.realitymod.com/forum/f10-pr-bf2-gene...finition-please.html

When considering the rule, you also need to account for maps with repair bays outside of carrier, like pav bay, muttrah, jabal etc
More
6 years 9 months ago #11234 by jim
apparently x3 mortars are endorsed by "admins".
al Basrah round just finished had three mortars up for most of the round, reported multiple times, no action. guy attacking near the mortars (just outside of DoD) was TB. So it "looks" like admins endorse three mortars *and* mortars ~30m from DoD *and* will go to great lengths to ensure this..
More
6 years 9 months ago #11235 by Jevski
Replied by Jevski on topic @ Swamp and the other guys DOD in Ramiel
This is where I got shot while standing up, holding binos.

Here you can see where I was killed vs where the motars where located.

Its not like its anywhere close to eachother.
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 9 months ago #11236 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic @ Swamp and the other guys DOD in Ramiel
when was this as i warned him on the reality mod that we wont put up with the bs
  • prwars Nardz123
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 9 months ago #11237 by prwars Nardz123
Replied by prwars Nardz123 on topic @ Swamp and the other guys DOD in Ramiel
Jevksi,

I was not in this game, so I don't have a dog in this fight...

But yet again here we see the mortars placed on or inside the edge of DOD. What do you realistically expect to happen? I'm not saying it's a free-for-all but you have to be pragmatic about this and realize that it's probably going to happen if assets are built that close to main/DOD. Al Basrah is a fustercluck at the best of times with main being shot out of or into.

For placement, I think it depends on map size personally. I'd say 75m for 1k maps, 150m for 2k, and 300m for 4k -- so basically a full grid outside DOD. No monkey business on planting them on top of repair bays as well (or if you want to allow that, then that whole area should be "hot" and open to attack).

The exception to this, I can see, is if mortars were placed right on/in immediate proximity to a cache that happened to spawn closer to DOD on an insurgent map.

Finally, if it's a triple-mortar emplacement, or FOBs with extra assets, etc. How is this any different, or less cheating, than glitching a FOB entirely inside a building, etc so it cannot be C4'd?

1) The extra-asset emplacements is behavior that is NOT intended by the devs, first and foremost. They have said as much on the officials.
2) It's simply "unsportsmanlike" -- and at the end of the day, this is a game, competitive though it is. This is the same reason why the castle on Muttrah is treated the way it is, right?
More
6 years 9 months ago #11238 by Jevski
Replied by Jevski on topic @ Swamp and the other guys DOD in Ramiel
Nardz, there are plenty of access to the motars besides right next to the place i got shot.
From the south, at the crossroads to the south, from the east. Instead he chose to run up to me right outside main and shoot me while I did not shoot nor hold a weapon.

As to 3 motars. Ive asked Haley about this and been told its not an issue.
Time to create page: 0.181 seconds