The forum is in read only mode.

BloodSpiller abusing his admin position

• John Colwell
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 7 months ago #12750 by John Colwell
Replied by John Colwell on topic BloodSpiller abusing his admin position
Hey Merchant,

I'm sure I didn't start at abuse/offensive language - though I probably wasn't super polite either.
I think it was something like 'hey, i just dug that, get off the spg'. since blood sprinted to get on it before me I assume and assumed it was deliberate.

I only got a reply from blood after I stepped in front of the spg and aimed at him to get his name for a report. I think it was 'don't do something you'll regret'.

I don't remember if I was swearing before or after that, but noticing it was an admin I knew it was a deliberate act, not some new player who didn't know better.
  • TheMerchantOfMenace
More
6 years 7 months ago #12751 by TheMerchantOfMenace
Replied by TheMerchantOfMenace on topic BloodSpiller abusing his admin position
Ah, yes... I forgot as I was writing the post, was thinking about it, but what with chasing links to YT and things, forgot to add the following...

I've built many a assets, and have seen many ppl build assets and didn't care what/who manned such built assets... the assets were built for the purposes of providing either defensive or offensive abilities for the team and couldn't care less who manned them.

Sometimes I'll build them and ask whoever is around, 'Who's really good on TOW?', or whatever asset it is.

It's not a given that whoever or whenever an asset is built that it "belongs" to the person who built it.

However, if you build an asset and someone else jumps on it, and you ask them properly to make use of the asset that you've built, I would think that they should give that asset to you, unless there is urgent need for the asset to be used immediately.
More
6 years 7 months ago #12752 by BloodSpiller
Replied by BloodSpiller on topic BloodSpiller abusing his admin position
I really dont want to drag this more then it needs to.
But just to note what merchant said last is what i had in mind, alot of times people build assets that they dont want to mount and i had no intention to deprive you from what u want to do in this game. I am an admin to let people enjoy this without any annoyance. Thank you for your post merchant it was what i wanted to express earlier but didnt have the english ability to do so. Lets lock this thread please and not have an argument about a solved topic.
  • TheMerchantOfMenace
More
6 years 7 months ago #12753 by TheMerchantOfMenace
Replied by TheMerchantOfMenace on topic BloodSpiller abusing his admin position
np, what with the Dickhead stuff being thrown around and all in the initial post, I thought that it looked as if it was a case of the other having been offensive and you naturally reacting as anyone would, in which case you would have been wholly justified, so I felt as though you were unjustly being forced to "eat crow", so I thought you needed backing up, as I'd stated in my post with the YT link, if it was a situation as such, and the Dickhead comments came out right away, then you would not have been in the wrong as far as I was concerned, and I would have tried to show such.

So now with the second, slightly different clarification from Colwell, it appears as though maybe Colwell's tone and actions had not been abusive enough to justify your not letting go of the asset, so in that case you really had been at fault, you'd made a mistake, and you rightfully apologized for it, so yes, it is settled, let's lock it.

Sorry to you and Colwell if I was wrong about my assumption that Colwell had jumped the gun, apparently he did not.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds