The forum is in read only mode.

"Squad v10 and Project Reality 1.5.3 teamwork" YouTube playlist for learning

More
6 years 1 week ago #17117 by Jevski
  • Sgt.Gump
  • Sgt.Gump's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 1 week ago #17133 by Sgt.Gump
Never declared myself an expert or pretended to be one, I'm here to learn and give learning resources I'm learning all types of things daily and never stop learning. Nothing is always set in stone when using any of this, I throw my own twist on what I learn when I teach or explain or can apply in simulation because simulations are limiting. I'm not going to directly quote it. Mix the concepts of these terms together for your own way to lead and keep people alive.

I wish the few MK-19 mounted vehicles were used properly and grabbed by a competent squad instead of one manned. I wish CAS choppers would use the 20mm or 30mm cannons more after they take down enemy CAS to suppress and clear defensive perimeters in woods. I don't want people getting confused by direct fire and indirect fire especially in the woods. For the average players understanding sake I refer to direct fire as things you can see directly like enemy infantry, bunkers, houses, T buildings and the front layers of tree lines. Rarely do I use the terms direct/indirect like once per match then people get it, then I just call for the technique of fire and describe how to do it briefly like "height of a man" or "all points of cover and concealment". I refer to indirect fire as things you cant see through like smoke or deep layered brush enemy might be deep inside of hoping to get tracers back from enemy or get enemy to throw smoke thinking they are seen so they give their positon away. I've tried to teach it the way its taught all I get in response from person I told "240 degrees far bush cluster direct fire" their response is "Directly at what? I don't see anything". Without them knowing anything they learned from or having a clue I respond with saying "Ok indirect fire then bush cluster 240 degrees" and they get it, they start firing sector is cleared, they understand immediately, naturally they think indirect fire means shit they cant see. So that's why I call it that. Ill explain it the way they understand it as I learn more knowledge and ways to explain it. I want them to have accurate information, but first I need them to do their role right before I survive long enough to explain it then if they even care to learn it. Of course while doing this I know I'm giving my positon away, so I use it for defense mostly since enemy expects us there and control rate of fire based on if in contact or searching for contact to be made unless its a massive assault where we are covering other squads and drawing fire/dividing enemy attention away. All I want is competent people who have at least a basic idea of what they are doing, tired of tards grabbing machine guns and only using it on accurate targets when they should be firing into brush while under contact. Even before then they need to learn individual movement techniques and gain some perspective when it comes to cover/concealment of what enemy sees to stay alive, other wise they stick out of the ground like a daisy without even putting a background in front of them in the least.
More
6 years 1 week ago #17139 by Jevski
Grump first of all...take this as a friendly suggestion, but this is how you both ingame and here come across.

First your posts....

Format your text. Use paragraphs.

Secondly, ingame when you go commander you go "do this do that", if you dont you are a moron.
Since Squad leaders dont have to follow your orders the only reaction you will get is getting ignored.

Establish thrust, explain your plan, make suggestions. Dont just go full R. Lee Ermey full metal jacket style.
The following user(s) said Thank You: TheMerchantOfMenace
More
6 years 6 days ago #17144 by =HOG= Dogfart
Oh Jevinator-man

You ended sentences with prepositions <return>
Misspelled "intellectual"...I'll leave you to contemplate the irony in that one <return>
Please remember, "that" is for things...who/whom are for people <return>
And everyone knows "My grammer is MORE Gooder" is the preferred turn of phrase. <return>

Sir, I am so very disappointed in you right now! Tighten that shit up! <Submit>
More
6 years 6 days ago - 6 years 6 days ago #17145 by Jevski
Yeah sorry about that.

You misspelled gay, so there is that.... :blink:

Edit, just came up with an idea.

How about we give Trump this wall, it will save money instead of making a new one.
Last edit: 6 years 6 days ago by Jevski.
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 6 days ago #17146 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Attachments:
Time to create page: 0.314 seconds