Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Should HOG do away with the sham votes?

• TheMerchantOfMenace
  • TheMerchantOfMenace's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #20113 by TheMerchantOfMenace
Should HOG do away with the sham votes? was created by TheMerchantOfMenace
Happened twice, that I know of, that I saw, was present, probably happens much more often... vote is AAS or INS... AAS wins the vote, then a vote follows up with maps in AAS format, and INS format, and the second time around the Admins get their INS map, probably by a few of them and friends telling everyone in their squad to vote '2'.

If a vote is carried out to determine if the community wants AAS or INS, the server community chooses AAS, then why all the rig-a-ma-roll with INS maps in the mapvote?

Why have votes in the first place?

If the Admins insist on playing INS regardless of the server community having voted to play AAS, then why the pretense of a vote?

Maybe it's time to do away with AAS vs INS votes and just go INS 24/7?

Enquiring minds want to know.
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by TheMerchantOfMenace.
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 5 months ago #20114 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic Should HOG do away with the sham votes?
so who did that?
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #20115 by R1ghty
Replied by R1ghty on topic Should HOG do away with the sham votes?
I have witnessed this as well.

My position on this issue has changed, after reading B4TM4N's post.

My position on merchant being a 'complainypants' has not changed.

I have bigger issue with map votes that are heavily unbalanced. I believe a successful map vote has a close end result. If one map wins by a landslide, then the maps were chosen incorrectly. If the admin knows which map will win, they are doing it wrong. Knowingly splitting votes is also wrong.
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by R1ghty.
More
5 years 5 months ago - 5 years 5 months ago #20116 by fenneclat
Replied by fenneclat on topic You sound upset.
On rare occasions, I used to add an INS map if the vote was close.

However, if this is done, the AAS map voters will be divided while the voters for the INS map will not. INS wins. Not doing that anymore.

Speaking of votes: Super, you like that teams focus on defense/offense, correct? CNC teaches that. I know of the pros/cons.
Last edit: 5 years 5 months ago by fenneclat.
  • TheMerchantOfMenace
  • TheMerchantOfMenace's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 5 months ago #20120 by TheMerchantOfMenace
Replied by TheMerchantOfMenace on topic Should HOG do away with the sham votes?
I was bringing up the subject of a practice that had been occurring of late, hoping to have it changed, I was not posting about identifying, blaming, or prosecuting whoever was responsible for said practice. You can say it is so 'til you're blue in the face, but it still won't be so.

My post is up there to see and be read, its intent is sufficiently clear, it was about clearing up a practice that was rigging the AAS/INS votes in order to circumvent the AAS win results.

I was not even the one who initially noticed it, I was busy SL'ing... when SL'ing, I have my map open all the time, I didn't even see the screen behind my map, didn't see the map vote, it was squad-mates that complained about an INS map being in the map vote after we'd voted to play AAS. I can't say for certain about the second time, if it was my squad-mates who noticed it again, or if I noticed it myself first, but I do for certain remember both times squad-mates not being happy about an INS map being set next after the AAS/INS vote having been won by AAS.

I never, ever did ask to identify which Admins were carrying out this practice, and I can't imagine why it would/should be done in Public, on the forums... a simple, internal message from Super saying "Hey guys, don't do that shite, please and thanky?" should have been all that was required.

Yes, we were upset last night when the AAS map we'd successfully voted for was pulled out from under our feet, and all I did was come in to ask for this method of voting to be discontinued, and from what I see here it would appear that this is going to be construed as "complaining". Interesting.
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 5 months ago #20122 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic Should HOG do away with the sham votes?
we are beyond that, we have told them before about doing this, its in the admin section, so if you dont identify them, dont report it. dont be so brave as to report it, be brave as to identify who it is.

if you wont identify, stop talking about it and just accept it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Im Druid, =HOG= BeBoPcOwBoY
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds