Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

engaging enemy jet over main rule

• DogACTUAL
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 week ago #10053 by DogACTUAL
engaging enemy jet over main rule was created by DogACTUAL
I perceive a problem with the rule that you cannot engage enemy jets over their main, that is as follows:

Many times you see an enemy jet outside its main and start engaging it, only for it to run back to its main while you are still engaging it,often in a turnfight. Once it is there you are forced to pull off, but the enemy jet still has its eyes on you, turns around and now it is behind your back, engaging you.

This happened to me a few times already on your server with the jet shooting me down as a consequence.
I think this is problematic, because many people exploit this rule that way, knowingly or not.

You might be inclined to say, well you should have paid attention and not followed the jet back to its main. But it doesn't make any difference, because if i see that the jet is going to its main i would have to pull off of it the same way and the same thing would happen.

May i suggest an amendment to the rule, that would state you are allowed to keep engaging an enemy jet over its main base if you followed it there while engaging it and never once lost sight of it,unless it is in the process of landing. Or alternatively that you have to pull off, but the other jet is not allowed to start engaging you in return.

I think this would solve many disputes that happen in those situations.

Thank you.
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 1 week ago #10059 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic engaging enemy jet over main rule
Providing both pilots are honest, right?
  • DogACTUAL
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 1 week ago #10060 by DogACTUAL
Replied by DogACTUAL on topic engaging enemy jet over main rule
That's true, there are always people that lie or bend the truth for their own personal gain, or when they are salty for being shot down.

However they can do the same thing already with the rules as they are now, for example claim that they were over the main when they got shot down, which already happens quite often.

In case there are conflicting statements there is always the battlerecorder footage to set things straight. If someone keeps insisting that they are right, they should just use it as proof.

My post was more intended to offer a solution to this situation that is just unfair for the jet that took the upper hand in a dogfight fair and square.

As it is right now if he keeps engaging over main he will be kicked/banned, but if he pulls away he will very likely find himself being chased and engaged by his former target, which is hardly fair.
  • =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 1 week ago #10066 by =HOG=Haley11thACR
Replied by =HOG=Haley11thACR on topic engaging enemy jet over main rule
it would take about an hour to stop playing, pull up battle recorder and watch it several times to determine who violated the rule u propose...several times a day...no thanks.
  • DogACTUAL
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #10306 by DogACTUAL
Replied by DogACTUAL on topic engaging enemy jet over main rule
You would have to do the exact same thing with the current rule too. My point is it doesn't make any difference in case of an argument.
Right now with the current rule, if someone claims if he was engaged over the main base, with the other party claiming the opposite, you would have to do the same thing. Pull up the BR and verify which claim is true.

So why not introduce a rule that atleast gets rid of the unfair exploit of luring jets over the main and then forcing them to turn away, so you can unfairly get the upper hand in a dogfight?

Again like i said, stating that you have to pull up the BR is no argument, since it is something you would have to do no matter which rules you have for CAS, since there are always going to be disputes about what happened.
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by DogACTUAL.
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 11 months ago - 6 years 11 months ago #10307 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic engaging enemy jet over main rule
i would simply say, i was trying to land at my base and he attacked me. Admin looks up, sees enemy over it or switches sides, if your near there than your banned.

Any player comes in and says, "look at the battle recorder", we say, no, you look at it and show us you werent chasing them or whatever.

i take it your the one usually attacking the jet over their main?
Last edit: 6 years 11 months ago by =HOG= __Super_6__5__.
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds