Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Rule suggestion/change for locked squads

• chrisweb89
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #10729 by chrisweb89
Rule suggestion/change for locked squads was created by chrisweb89
I was wondering what everyone's opinion is on allowing some non asset squads to lock? More specifically proper logistics/building squads that are actually helping the team, and possibly mortars. This is to allow them to do their jobs efficiently without having to get the random that come and leave to do random tasks that the squad really doesn't need more numbers to do. For instance, I can't technically run a 2 or even 4 man build squad because when it fills up I will be breaking the server rules about no squad cohesion as random join and don't know what to do because my 3 people are spread out on the map in trucks,tows and aas.

I quickly asked Haley in-game and he said one of the reasons is so that all the squads don't get locked and players have nowhere to join. On other servers that's rare, even on asset heavy maps and on the odd chance of that happening of course admin discretion and the best for the server comes into play about unlocking squads.
More
6 years 11 months ago #10731 by =HOG= Dogfart
Replied by =HOG= Dogfart on topic Rule suggestion/change for locked squads
I've wondered the same thing...I.E. a squad which only drives logi's back n forth to main building FOB's would be a good thing. Plus, in "reality" terms this is what happens in wars. Of course, PR limits the total number of squads at 9 so I'm not sure about the potential downside there. I'd be interested to hear what others say about it.
  • =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 11 months ago #10735 by =HOG=Haley11thACR
Replied by =HOG=Haley11thACR on topic Rule suggestion/change for locked squads
If one squad is allowed to lock then all squads will lock....
The following user(s) said Thank You: _Rogue_Assassin_
More
6 years 11 months ago #10737 by Yakk
Replied by Yakk on topic Rule suggestion/change for locked squads
The problem i have with not being able to lock is that it's very hard to train new players, trying to control that many people when they are new is unrewarding them for them and me. PR isn't a cat herding simulator.
  • chrisweb89
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 11 months ago #10738 by chrisweb89
Replied by chrisweb89 on topic Rule suggestion/change for locked squads

If one squad is allowed to lock then all squads will lock....

Trans, apc, tank, Cas can already lock, but all the other squads don't. Logistics squads is something you see pretty rarely (not a stupid recon squad) and it's also something that having 8 people for is a waste of manpower, plus the SL can't lead them and build fobs at the same time.
More
6 years 11 months ago #10739 by Deleted
Replied by Deleted on topic Rule suggestion/change for locked squads
Having a high number of specific rules is not practical, for players to remember, nor for admins to administer.

In our "Squad" section of the rules, the first 4 rules are there to ensure team play is supported and squads work together. I'd like to think is one of the reasons why HOG is populated. Keeping asset squads out of this conversation, the question of why we do not allow locked infantry squads can be backed by with valid reasoning.

By allowing locked infantry squads, it sets precedent. What if all infantry squads locked at 2 (not saying this will happen but having no rule would allow this). Then we get people complaining abuse of powers as "it's not against the rules!" You'll have majority of the team squadless. Are we still playing PR the way its meant to be played in this case? Probably not and its not enjoyable for anyone.

As for the worry about free kits: As a SL, you should be responsible for your squad and thus have the ability to kick anyone who is in the squad for a "free kit". Free kits do not support team play, especially if they do not communicate with the team. We will admin as necessary since these people are now squad-less after you kicked them from your squad.

I'm sure you had games where you wonder, "where the hell is my team" or "why is no one attacking/defending objectives". Many times this is due to things that are rules specifically prevent. Mic-less SL, Free Kits, Locked Squads, which also limits the number of specialty kits like a breacher/lats, etc. Next time an APC stomps the battlefield and there's a locked squad, that's one less LAT kit that could have otherwise might have been able to kill it.
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds