Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

INS Emplacements

• pride
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #3339 by pride
INS Emplacements was created by pride
Can we have a rule regarding about setting INS emplacements in houses and buildings for the purpose of blocking hallways and doorways? Of course, placing roadblocks at the gates are acceptable, but I am talking about those roadblocks that appear on the second floor or the basement of the cache building and completely hindering the blufor's ability to c4 the cache. It's a real immersion killer to see a massive block of dirt sticking out of the second floor. An example of this instance is at 8:00pm 2016-02-21 at Kokan where the INS side placed not only roadblocks, but also foxholes to block pathways in houses.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by pride.
More
8 years 1 month ago #3340 by =HOG= Toxic
Replied by =HOG= Toxic on topic INS Emplacements
You can't have something physically covering up the cache
  • pride
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #3341 by pride
Replied by pride on topic INS Emplacements
How about this:
There must always be one clear path towards the cache with no obstruction? A blufor must always be able to run beside the cache standing up.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by pride.
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 1 month ago #3345 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic Re:INS Emplacements
So, c4 right under it wont blow it up?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
More
8 years 1 month ago #3346 by =HOG= York
Replied by =HOG= York on topic INS Emplacements

Can we have a rule regarding about setting INS emplacements in houses and buildings for the purpose of blocking hallways and doorways? Of course, placing roadblocks at the gates are acceptable, but I am talking about those roadblocks that appear on the second floor or the basement of the cache building and completely hindering the blufor's ability to c4 the cache. It's a real immersion killer to see a massive block of dirt sticking out of the second floor. An example of this instance is at 8:00pm 2016-02-21 at Kokan where the INS side placed not only roadblocks, but also foxholes to block pathways in houses.

If the emplacement can be destroyed then why would we want to start getting involved in policing this stuff? Overkill on rules. Just destroy it and move on.
  • pride
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #3359 by pride
Replied by pride on topic INS Emplacements
Here the the requirements to completely destroy INS emplacements.

C4s required
Mortars: 2
Fob: 3
Spg: 2
Road Block 10m: 3
5m: 2

One satchel on any emplacement will put the emplacement in the "need repair" status or when you freshly put down the emplacement as an officer.

Now if you add in the insurgents who hide behind the emplacements and immediately shovel the damaged emplacements (which is almost always the case), depending on how many insurgents there are (I did not test it because I need a few helpers, however I know as it comes from my many, many past experiences) you will need in total of 2 breachers and a combat engineer to put down a satchel and c4s all at the same time which is incredibly difficult to organize.

Roadblocks that are outside and block gates, doors, etc are acceptable because you are able to toss grenades over to kill those who repair or have the blufor armor to take care of it. But in cases where the insurgents place a 10m roadblock inside that covers the entire hallway to the cache and have shovels at the very edge of the roadblock (so grenades cant kill them), it is impenetrable (ex, the basement under the hotel at Fallujah West).
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds