The forum is in read only mode.

Suggestions for Mapvotes

• =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 1 month ago #3720 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic Suggestions for Mapvotes
allot of people dont like INS maps cause they may get stuck on being an insurgent. So, aas is the popular game play. I mean, would yall stay on insurgency and play that faction if it was played more?
More
8 years 1 month ago #3722 by Max_
Replied by Max_ on topic Suggestions for Mapvotes
Yes, I love OpFor on Insurgency. not to screw over the other team with Civilians, but to actually defend caches with good hideouts and if available build a trash fort around the cache (reminder that a saw gunner can wrekt my trash forts with one magazine) and wrekt BluFor assets.
  • =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 1 month ago #3723 by =HOG=Haley11thACR
Replied by =HOG=Haley11thACR on topic Suggestions for Mapvotes
The maps would be much more balanced in clans did not stack up on one side....if u H guys see a steam roll switch teams...
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 1 month ago #3725 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic Re:Suggestions for Mapvotes
Im not sure ive ever seen h on insurgency side b4

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #3726 by Clean
Replied by Clean on topic Suggestions for Mapvotes

so, they are supposed to be asking the populace for map suggestions. If they are then, are you saying we shouldnt do that anymore as the populace keeps playing the same map over and over?

If the admins are picking the maps, then they are not supposed to do that.

I think it's a good idea to ask the population for map ideas. But it's also a good idea to glance at the map gallery here and there and try to throw some maps in that aren't played as often. Yeah, I'll admit there's a lot of maps that I don't like, but I can respect playing maps that are generally underplayed.

i like the force feed part. Could you tell me the maps you want to play? As marepop pointed out, im sure we can poll people and they would probably find your map choices are not what they want.

If muttrah and marlin are such shit maps, i cant figure how they win the vote so much. A vote, you see, is the choice of the players, they vote for what they want to play and 15% of the time, give or take, its muttrah.

So, what map(s) is it you want to see??

It's not that they are shit maps, it's that they are overplayed. And by force feed, I mean forcing a really tough layer or a really terrible side of a map on a particularly bad team. For example, you have an awful opfor team and the next round voted is Korengal, you should probably give them the Blackhawk layer so they at least have a chance of getting some fobs up. Like I said before I'm totally fine with playing any map, even if I don't particularly like it. I would just rather see more diversity, and not having the same maps in subsequent map votes over and over.

allot of people dont like INS maps cause they may get stuck on being an insurgent. So, aas is the popular game play. I mean, would yall stay on insurgency and play that faction if it was played more?

We have no problem playing as OPFOR on Ins. For me the issue with INS is that both teams don't get a shot; for the most part on HOG only 1 INS map is played at a time. Sometimes there will be 2 or 3 in a row, but mostly it's 1 then back to AAS, which doesn't give both sides a chance to play the different roles. And there a significant population of pubbers on HOG that continuously switch teams for assets. I've noticed that some admins play an active role in kicking/resigning/switch them back, but most admins seem to not notice these players or don't wish to force them to play on their intended team. For example I've seen that Danesh guy switch teams multiple times in a round to fly jets on both sides.

Im not sure ive ever seen h on insurgency side b4

This is simply not true, we are quite fond of playing as OPFOR. I'm not going to lie and say we have people that don't like to Bluwhore, but the group of guys that are on your server every day are more than happy to play OPFOR on insurgency maps, and we do so quite frequently.

To be honest that comment is unjustified and kind of prejudicial, I don't understand how you could come to that conclusion, because honestly I don't see you on the server very often.

I made this thread to point out some things that I thought could make the map votes more fair to everyone and more fun for the server, especially people who are playing for 4+ rounds in a row, so that way they aren't seeing recycled maps and are getting a broader range of gameplay.

Furthermore, asking us to switch when a side is losing is mildly hypocritical. I will be the first to admit that we are sometimes on the stacked side. Most of the time there's like 3-4 of us on, which for a clan in PR is a pretty low number; therefor us switching to a losing side would make little to no difference. But I've also played on the losing side and I've seen admins switch to the winning side rather than scramble teams. I'm not trying to start a flame war or point fingers, but essentially those actions are one in the same. That sets a dangerous precedent though, because instead of scrambling you're basically just saying that you can switch teams if a team is bad.
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by Clean.
More
8 years 1 month ago - 8 years 1 month ago #3729 by prplayer
Replied by prplayer on topic Suggestions for Mapvotes
Admins you must need to understand.

This man is asking an question. I think he say that vote for map is always same maps. Example like you put muttrah and silent eagle in vote and next map you put same map in the vote map. This never let peopl play good maps I think. I look at map list and I see many map like iron ridge and iron ridge never played in ASS mode or insergensy mod. This one map that could vote more for. Some other not played maps for insergensy are example sebeneh outskirt or the kosellsk map. Maybe do vote for them instead of all the time vote for same map every time like Karbala basra falljah. Too maybe put vote for I think korngall valley, that map nice. Or too vote for khamis yah insergensy infantry layer it has insurgent layer never much played ever.

What do admin think of my suggest?
Last edit: 8 years 1 month ago by prplayer.
Time to create page: 0.160 seconds