Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Map choices on HOG

• pride
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #4274 by pride
Map choices on HOG was created by pride
I have a suggestion/complaint. Can we have it so that in every map vote, there is 1 heavy asset map (Khami, Kashan, Silent Eagle), 1 map with some asset (the beloved Sareema, Operation Marlin, Dovre Winter), and 1 infantry map (vietnam maps, Assault on Gronzy)? The point of even having a map vote is so that the majority of the players in the server can play the maps that they desire, and this suggestion will do just that. For the past few weeks, it has been non-stop infantry maps, vietnam maps, Sareema, Operation Marlin, and Dovre Winter. I understand that the majority of the admins in HOG detests asset heavy maps, but lets not forget about those who loves them (especially if the majority want asset heavy maps). I am very confident enough to say that this suggestion will immensely help out with the map vote outcries as it satisfies all tastes. All the heavy asset lovers, including myself, are completely fine with playing INS and INF maps. However the tolerance for them is deteriorating due to extreme repetition. You may say "what if AAS heavy asset maps are played 5 times, back to back?". Well, if the majority of the player base enjoy AAS, so be it. However, I doubt that AAS heavy asset maps will be played back to back due to the fact that there are many factors that influences others to pick INS or less asset heavy maps (for example, the =H= clan members loves INS and always convince players to vote for it which usually ends up winning. Regulars convinces their squad to vote for INS which happens a lot). If you love infantry or insurgency maps so much, then be one of the influences and convince players to vote for the maps. I love HOG and its community, but all this commotion really sickens players like myself who loves assets. This post is IN NO means to insult, or to humiliate anyone or anything. Thanks.

PS If you need map suggestions, I have very good ideas of what maps belong to which category in terms of assets.
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #4275 by Im Druid
Replied by Im Druid on topic Map choices on HOG
I was under the impression that most admins attempt to do this already.
  • pride
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #4276 by pride
Replied by pride on topic Map choices on HOG
Sadly, no. I am currently a pretty active regular in your server, yet most of the time the map votes are all one sided or the variety is minuscule.
  • Danesh_italiano
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #4278 by Danesh_italiano
Replied by Danesh_italiano on topic Map choices on HOG
I agree with Pride. Another big problem is: Admins due votemap with the SAME STYLE map... one day we run 6 florest followed maps... Need to Mix that, one Florest, one Desert, one Urban map... Dont need to perfectly in that order, but please 3 maps with the same style is VERY boring.
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by Danesh_italiano.
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #4279 by BaconCody
Replied by BaconCody on topic Map choices on HOG
Depends what team you have.
I like to ask what maps you guys want, but when I think the team is not good enough for more complex maps I set more simple ones.
For example if there are no asset players I don't set kashan desert or yamalia and if there are a lot of new players I set maps where you don't need that much tactic or coordination.
I could scramble but we all know the facts...

But I like to mix maps types up summer, winter, ins, desert, city, forrest etc.

"You know I’m proud to have that German blood, there’s no question about it. Great stuff"
- Donald J Trump
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #4280 by BaconCody
Replied by BaconCody on topic Map choices on HOG
another problem is the server crash. you can check what maps you have played earlier, up to 5 maps.
but if the server crashes you cant see them via command.

"You know I’m proud to have that German blood, there’s no question about it. Great stuff"
- Donald J Trump
Time to create page: 0.191 seconds