Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Map choices on HOG

More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #4298 by theFrozenPlayer
Replied by theFrozenPlayer on topic Map choices on HOG

Also, HOG should implement a new rule where excessively or insultingly complaining about maps in all chat or !r is temp bannable (as long as the map choices is balanced). There are those who complain about every map except for that one map he/she desires and, to be honest, their opinion should not be taken into consideration because they are not willing to play any other maps and patiently wait their turn.

LOL, last time I just kicked somebody for that crap it ended up in this . But thanks, you just made my day with that post. :lol:

But back to your suggestion: The problem with that is actually this: "...as long as the map choices is balanced"

Making a truely balanced mapvote is nearly impossible because you have to take more aspects into account than what you just said. You need to take into account which maps have been played before; if it could happen, that one side has to play a faction 2 or 3 times in a row; which maps are liked by the majority on the one side but on the other side dont forget the minority that maybe wants a little more variety.
With your idea it could just happen that youll get 4,5 or more heavy asset maps in a row. That is because those maps are rather popular. Then ppl will complain that its only the same maps over and over...and I can understand them. It also makes no sense to put maps into the vote which have a very different "popularity level". I think Haley said it straight to the point here.

Btw. I just summarized the map choices of the last 4 days. Dovre Winter was only played once for example and those heavy asset maps are mostly in the group of the most played maps while we still have a rather great variety of maps. To be honest, I think we're doing pretty well here.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by theFrozenPlayer.
  • =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 11 months ago #4299 by =HOG=Haley11thACR
Replied by =HOG=Haley11thACR on topic Map choices on HOG
Do not forget that the goal of map choices is to attract as many players as possible. Most players only play 1 to 2 hours a day...
  • =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 11 months ago #4300 by =HOG=Haley11thACR
Replied by =HOG=Haley11thACR on topic Map choices on HOG
What was the score at the end of the rounds?

Please try out my suggestion. Try it for a week or 3 days. Today, I already see the effects of the suggestion as Eggs&Bacon Cody put his effort into map votes, balancing out the maps. Little to no one complained. We went to Khami, Yamalia, and then Tad Sae Night (At least on all chat or team chat, no one seemed to complain).

• pride
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 11 months ago - 7 years 11 months ago #4301 by pride
Replied by pride on topic Map choices on HOG
I do not recall the Khami round because I came extremely late and finished up daily tasks and was not paying attention. Yamalia was actually very close, 50-0 for Canada. Then, Tad Sae which was 100-0 for China. After Tad Sae, we played Bijar which ended with an outstanding 10-0 for Mec.

I honestly try my best to balance out the teams, including myself switching teams. However, I sometimes find it quite difficult as I just kill myself in trying to do so. Saying that infantry maps is the way of balancing out the teams is just outright nonsense. I have seen many, many games where a team of infantry just demolish their opposition to a similar style that a heavy asset map has. Infantry squads, in fact, plays a major role in heavy asset maps as well. No matter what type of map is played, there will always be imbalances.

All I am asking is to try it out. Cody was excellent. Literally no one complained at all, at least so far. I am sure everyone will be satisfied.

I guess a perfect balance is impossible, but putting an effort into balancing out the map votes goes a long way.
Last edit: 7 years 11 months ago by pride.
More
7 years 11 months ago #4303 by Im Druid
Replied by Im Druid on topic Map choices on HOG
This thread is getting very redundant..
Time to create page: 0.154 seconds