The forum is in read only mode.

Map choices on HOG

• Danesh_italiano
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #4282 by Danesh_italiano
Replied by Danesh_italiano on topic Map choices on HOG

another problem is the server crash. you can check what maps you have played earlier, up to 5 maps.
but if the server crashes you cant see them via command.

You admins can check logs! One friend have one script page, and on this page, shows all !setnext command. if "hog staff" want, i can give this scrip. So, just a one double click and you gonna see all last maps that were setted.
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by Danesh_italiano.
  • =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #4284 by =HOG=Haley11thACR
Replied by =HOG=Haley11thACR on topic Map choices on HOG
Maybe it just the time u play...I looked up the maps we played on the 25th

Marlin = assets
saar = assets
burning
black gold
hades
saar alt = assets
muttrah = assets
dragon
kokan = ins
kozelsk
  • pride
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #4290 by pride
Replied by pride on topic Map choices on HOG
You may be right about me playing on the wrong time, but lets not just assume that just because a map has two tanks
or APCs that the map is considered heavy assets.
Marlin = A map I see on map votes almost every single time. Mediocre in terms of assets.
Sareema = Another map I see on the map votes every single time, mediocre (Sareema Alt is a joke of a layout and should never be played. It is incredibly unbalanced in terms of assets and should never be played).

Black Gold and Hades Peak are all heavy asset maps because there are numerous tanks, APC, and CAS. By the way, have you checked which mode and layout they have been played on? Also, can you not just check one date but others? For example, check 28th where two vietnam maps where played back to back because there were only vietnam maps to vote for, and then two INS map (not including skirmish), and then more INF AAS maps. I am sure that many regulars witnessed the map choices that were put on the map vote.

If this suggestion is too much of a hassle, I am more than willing to help with the map votes as I am fair and knowledgeable.
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by pride.
  • =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 weeks ago - 8 years 3 weeks ago #4292 by =HOG=Haley11thACR
Replied by =HOG=Haley11thACR on topic Map choices on HOG
Map choices are always a problem. We got rid of map voting and everyone bitched. We put map voting back and everyone bitched. We played almost no INS maps and people bitched. We played the most popular maps more often and people bitched. We started playing more INS and alt layer maps and people bitched...I am inclined to make a list of maps and run them in a set order every restart or crash would begin the list again...AAS city then AAS woods, then AAS alt, then INS city then INS woods, then AAS desert, then begin with AAS city again....

Maps with lots of assets tend to be the most unbalanced...one group or player always whores the assets and attacks the main, they require constant admining and suck the fun out of the game....then the group or player who cant get the asset he wants trolls the guy who dies in that asset...
Last edit: 8 years 3 weeks ago by =HOG=Haley11thACR.
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #4293 by Im Druid
Replied by Im Druid on topic Map choices on HOG
Haley has a point. People will always complain about map choices. But people still play the maps. Even when I ask for nap suggestions from people. Players always choose the popular maps. Even when I put a map that hasn't been played in a very long time in, the players always seem to complain about that map being overplayed. I use the history command and see that a map has not been played in the last 5 rounds and it was played earlier. 5 rounds is like 5-10 hours of gameplay. Depending on how fast teams lose. That's a pretty good time frame to play a map again.
  • pride
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #4295 by pride
Replied by pride on topic Map choices on HOG
Please try out my suggestion. Try it for a week or 3 days. Today, I already see the effects of the suggestion as Eggs&Bacon Cody put his effort into map votes, balancing out the maps. Little to no one complained. We went to Khami, Yamalia, and then Tad Sae Night (At least on all chat or team chat, no one seemed to complained).

I think it is safe to say that it is guaranteed that there will always be people that complain about maps. It is whether the amount of complaints are small or large. I am confident that my suggestion will lower the amount of complaints as long as the map votes are balanced. As a very active regular player in your server and from my past experience, the most complaints comes from the map votes being all one sided.

Also, HOG should implement a new rule where excessively or insultingly complaining about maps in all chat or !r is temp bannable (as long as the map choices is balanced). There are those who complain about every map except for that one map he/she desires and, to be honest, their opinion should not be taken into consideration because they are not willing to play any other maps and patiently wait their turn.

If you can trust myself and a few others who regularly plays and know the rules, we will do our absolute best to make sure that our reports are accurate and will get rid of those asshats. We will sort of be like an ex-admin or something, where we report asshats and you can simply just ban/kick the offenders without going into much detail. I am starting to see that all the asshattery always pile up on admins, so hopefully reports from regulars you trust will make it easier.
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds