State of Squad

• Deleted
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 10 months ago #10781 by Deleted
State of Squad was created by Deleted
What do you guys think? I haven't tried it yet, but believe the latest updates have mortars, APCs, ground transports.

Gameplay, Admin abilities, Does squad management abilities exist now (i.e. kick, lock, believe early versions didn't have this)
  • =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 10 months ago #10783 by =HOG=Haley11thACR
Replied by =HOG=Haley11thACR on topic State of Squad
we need to get a few guys to try it out and leave some feedback...
More
6 years 10 months ago #10803 by =HOG= Dogfart
Replied by =HOG= Dogfart on topic State of Squad
I'm firing it up...took setting to their lowest and rambled through the firing range map. Ran pretty good but looked like shit. So, with a heart full of pioneer spirit I bumped the settings up one notch...black screen. Seems my grapics card was in need of driver updates...since 2011. <who knew?>

Went to Nvidia and got the latest drivers...going back in...suppressing fire please.
More
6 years 10 months ago #10886 by Pep
Replied by Pep on topic State of Squad
Been playing it occasionally lately.
Like:
- Sound...a bit too loud, but try the SPG...amazing reload sound effect!
- Mortars: much easier to use, but lack different round types (that i could notice). Limited area effect (I think the blast radius is smaller than a grenade.
- Map: easier to navigate zoom in/zoom out
- Maps: Some nice recreations of PR maps...areas are the same but they do look completely different.
- Occasionally some good teamwork.
- Much better map load times than PR.

Dislike:
- Not sure if I still got to get used to it, but even if the graphics are much better there is a blurring effect while moving that gets me dizzy.
- I find it much harder to spot enemies than in PR. Maybe i need to get used to it.
- Gameplay: some different modes but more or less the same as PR.
- Too many kids!
- It's possible to drive underwater :) You can get to al Basrah island from the east coast driving underwater...you wreck the humvee but you get there.
- Stupid medic system that if your medics go down you cannot pick their kits and heal...Maybe realism means that is just not the gear but you need the training to revive, but is annoying anyway.
- A couple of out of video memory crashes while changing maps (got a GTX950 with 2Gb video memory)

I'll keep trying... I'm using my son's steam account (which actually was mine many many years ago) so the player name is Muradok...to make it easy I use =PEP=Muradok...If you go there and would like to tag along, add me.

Noticed that this week the PR server been quite empty, you all in Squad?
  • =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 10 months ago #10887 by =HOG=Haley11thACR
Replied by =HOG=Haley11thACR on topic State of Squad
Postal and I played a bit the other day....I agree with Pep. The game is a bit frustrating.
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 10 months ago #10888 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic State of Squad
since i couldnt load pr after update i went back to it, not sure if it is just in the training area, but the vehicles seem to move around almost cartoonish. i could pin it to a wall or something and the engine revs up, shifts gears like im driving down the road, plus if you run into something at full speed even, no damage, it just stops.

Maybe that was just because the training base but i could shoot them up and destroy them.

i left after that
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds