Squad

• =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #1556 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Squad was created by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
hey guys, so interest has been on going and we decided to start a forum section to further gather interest and to see who might be thing of or have played it.

so, lets hear about it.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by =HOG= __Super_6__5__.
More
8 years 3 months ago #1561 by Evox
Replied by Evox on topic Squad
nice nice

Guest Admin in HOG server ---- Playing Project Reality since BETA.
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #1563 by fenneclat
Replied by fenneclat on topic Squad
Just so you have a benchmark.

I'm running an AMD FX4300 CPU and it consumes about 30%. It benchmarks at 4,640, while the Intel i7 5820 hits 12,997, higher values are better.
I don't have an SSD and Squad maxes out my HHD quite hard.
I've seen memory consumption reach 5+ GB.
I have an NVidia GTX 650 which doesn't make the cut. Not playable until I upgrade.

Alpha beta alpha beta alpha beta.... The concepts are there, the methods are being implemented, but in it's state, it's a bit like a model house. I haven't seen vehicles yet. They seem to have a lot of improvements over PR beyond mere graphics. I know you don't appreciate the guy, but sadly the feather-footed god of the drakelings is the closest it gets to seeing it before playing.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by fenneclat.
More
8 years 3 months ago #1564 by Evox
Replied by Evox on topic Squad
its not you , is the game!

forums.joinsquad.com/topic/7805-horrible...pikes-when-you-turn/

I cant play with out geting bad fps or lag....need a update

Guest Admin in HOG server ---- Playing Project Reality since BETA.
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 months ago #1566 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic Squad
I played it last night for alittle bit and looked pretty good, liked the graphics. I at first started out on medium and seem to get a bit of lag, running i5, 8 gig ram, ssd and video card is 1gig ram. I dropped it down to low and it went away and seemed playable on the training site.
The gun sounds and grenade sounds seem more violent, which is more normal to real sounds, they crack more it seems so if you get startled by someone the shot will definitely surprise you, so it sounds great to me.

Went into a server and it was kind of chaotic game play, was on US and the insurgents seem to have us pinned in a small fob complex and there was no coordination, some talking but it was run and gun it seemed. I got blown up by an rpg when i got out of there which was pretty cool, the sound of it was very startling. Why the insurgent shot me i dunno, there was someone within earshot too and he was like fuck! So, it was loud and pretty awesome sounding.

Hopefully this wont turn into cod and maybe it was just the server i was on but will update as i get on more.

People playing last night were around the 2100 mark on many servers. USA and Germany had the most servers running.

cheers!
More
8 years 3 months ago #1567 by fenneclat
Replied by fenneclat on topic Squad
There have been many complaints about just that.

We'll have to keep in mind that this was advertised widely in the hopes to get sponsorship through Kickstarter. Now we have to deal with the influx of new players looking for their version of fun. Tell me how your PC handled the larger scale maps.
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds