Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Squad

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #1602 by =vHc= yessnoo
Replied by =vHc= yessnoo on topic Re:Squad
Ya I hear ya. I just figured more HOG guys would be jumping on it because it basically is PR remade in a different engine.

As far as there being no teamwork in COD....of course they can't get people to do it because the mechanics don't encourage it at all. PR and Squad (for the most part) promote teamwork because of the game mechanics not the player base IMO

people are forced to start using teamwork over time because they just can't accomplish anything otherwise. 1 person in COD could do a lot because of the game mechanics...however one person in PR or Squad is nearly useless

time will tell I suppose
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by =vHc= yessnoo.
  • =HOG= Moozery
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • =HOG= System Administrator
More
8 years 3 months ago #1603 by =HOG= Moozery
Replied by =HOG= Moozery on topic Re:Squad

I figured HOG would have a server up by now so I came to the forums to check it out

We could easily have a server up and going now if we wanted to (besides the lack of HOG players), but the problem is that at the moment Squad servers are like BF4 servers in the way that you can't host one yourself. You are forced to rent a Squad server with a certain amount of slots from some other company, so we would be forced to rent a whole new extra (expensive) server rather than use the resources we already have.

There are rumors of a server tool being released eventually, but we'll have to wait and see. It would be really good if they did though.

"My brain has too many tabs open, and I can't figure out which one is playing that freaking song!"
More
8 years 3 months ago #1604 by =vHc= yessnoo
Replied by =vHc= yessnoo on topic Re:Squad
ah that makes sense. I didn't realize they hadn't done that yet. They talked about it several months ago.

well they need to hurry up and do it lol...
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 months ago #1607 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic Re:Squad
i played a little yesterday and was getting a fps range from 10 to 39 depending what my guy was doing. sitting in the woods looking for enemy is 30 range, if i turned i would drop to the teens.

Another rather odd thing is the hellashish lag the servers get. In fact, they mysteriously dont show the ping of the server in the server browser. I joined one that was overseas and was like 550 ping. Left that and joined one in Texas that i was getting 250 ping and so was all the connected players. Joined one in Chicago and the same thing. So that was odd, with that, made game play more difficult.
More
8 years 3 months ago #1612 by fenneclat
Replied by fenneclat on topic Re:Squad
Yeah. It's not time to draw conclusions. All those things are going to be touched up as time passes. Play on the community servers until things start to shape up would be my take on it.
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #1687 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic Re:Squad
played some tonight and they fixed the massive ping problem and now you can see the servers ping before joining it. Game play was better without the lag. Left the first server due to teamkiller with no admins. second one i just died allot. not to bad though, fps was up to 30 to 35 now so not bad.

the inability to set a move marker for your squad is terrible, i dont get it. they have to be totally awesome at following a sl and such which doesnt happen. i mean, that totally negates the teamwork thing to me as its hard to get them to do stuff or point out something.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by =HOG= __Super_6__5__.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =HOG= Moozery
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds