Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Squad

More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #1690 by fenneclat
Replied by fenneclat on topic Re:Squad
No. You have to treat them as lost tourists, but I have no issue with the lack of "pointer" stuff. Immersion and whatnot.

It is a bitch to baby-step people to where they need to go. It'll take some time to get it in as second nature.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by fenneclat.
More
8 years 3 months ago #1698 by =HOG= Dogfart
Replied by =HOG= Dogfart on topic Re:Squad
Bought it only to discover my crippled PC doesn't have enough horsepower to play it. Getting an overhaul (Mobo/Ram/Graphics/sound) per their recommended (high end) spec's. Watched BlueDrake channel last night after Mrs Dogfart went to bed...I'll be in that game fo sho.

Noob Q: what's a good FPS vs. not so good? Is a lower number better...or worse or what? Hey, i'm old and don't know stuff like this. Plus, when i need better stuff I just buy it...because i'm old.
  • =HOG= Moozery
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • =HOG= System Administrator
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #1699 by =HOG= Moozery
Replied by =HOG= Moozery on topic Re:Squad

Noob Q: what's a good FPS vs. not so good? Is a lower number better...or worse or what? Hey, i'm old and don't know stuff like this. Plus, when i need better stuff I just buy it...because i'm old.

Higher FPS is better. FPS stands for "Frames per Second".
Very basically put, it's how many times your screen 'flickers' your game's movements every second.
Most common monitors can only do a maximum of 60, so people who want the best try to aim for 60 as its a nice smooth and responsive experience.
In the past, consoles (and some PC games) have commonly been locked to 30, which is still just fine for many people. Below 30 is when it can start to get disruptive to gameplay (can interfere with how your mouse and keyboard respond and such, can make you feel slower).

An average/decent number is anywhere between 30-60 in my opinion. If you want pretty smooth, then 50-60. Above 60 is where things get pretty expensive :)

"My brain has too many tabs open, and I can't figure out which one is playing that freaking song!"
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by =HOG= Moozery.
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds