Squad

• =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 months ago #1568 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic Re:Squad
Yeah, i only played one and didnt pay attention to what it was. When i play again i will pay more attention

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
More
8 years 3 months ago #1569 by Evox
Replied by Evox on topic Re:Squad
when u are in game , type in console stats fps u can see the FPS.
in large map ( 60 Players ) i get 25-30 fps-

this game need work , but i like

Guest Admin in HOG server ---- Playing Project Reality since BETA.
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 months ago #1570 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Ah, will do.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
More
8 years 3 months ago #1598 by =vHc= yessnoo
Replied by =vHc= yessnoo on topic Re:Squad
I jumped in squad at the pre-alpha stage and the progression of development in just the last few months has been pretty amazing. I believe it is going in the right direction fast. Definitely don't discount this game because of a couple of rounds. I figured HOG would have a server up by now so I came to the forums to check it out. I haven't touched PR in months because of this game. It isn't as polished as PR is yet but it won't take long for them to get there.

All of the infantry combat fundamentals from PR apply to Squad. It is slightly faster gameplay at this point but that is by temporary design and is slowing down significantly as the games development has progressed. The developers know that if they make the gameplay super slow with no vehicles in yet then people will lose interest. I have had some awesome matches on squad so far with PRWARs guy's and others. I have been looking for HOG guys to be on but haven't seen any playing.

You definitely gotta understand that squad sold over 20,000 copies on the first day of early access so you are going to get new players who aren't up to speed on tactics and coordination. However, I have been very impressed with the level of teamwork considering the circumstances.
More
8 years 3 months ago #1599 by =vHc= yessnoo
Replied by =vHc= yessnoo on topic Re:Squad
Also about the performance issues. I personally think the game runs smooth considering the stage of development of both the game and the engine being used. Both are infants at this point.

I started the prealpha running the same rig below but with a gtx 470 and was getting around 25 fps on low settings then upgraded the graphics card.

I am running: i7 950 (fairly old chipset), ssd, gtx 960, 16 gigs of ddr3

I am averaging around 35 on medium/high settings with 72 man servers. They have 100 man servers up today but I haven't tried them. I mean you can't expect to run a new game on a advanced new engine and be able to run max settings on an old rig. No game that I know of has ever worked that way. When BF2 came out in 2005 I couldn't run max settings with my 2004 rig (I mean it was a dell but still). People seem to forget that PR is 10 years old. It could be poorly optimized and you would still get 100 fps on a new rig.
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 months ago #1601 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
sounds good yessnoo, but in order for a server to be bought like that there has to be support for it and players. currently 2 hog members are playing it so there would have to be more of a following for it and it would have to look like it is going to stay around awhile.

we understand the new people thing but they couldnt make people operate tactically in cod so no one kept playing that and i feel (my opinion) that is important. Plus, allot of people play pr as their machines arent powerful enough for newer games. But we will see. In fact, i was going to update my stuff and decided to wait to see if i will like it first and see if the teamwork is really there.
Overall my first run in it is i liked it,
Time to create page: 0.195 seconds