Alpha 5

• =HOG= kaufman
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #4142 by =HOG= kaufman
Alpha 5 was created by =HOG= kaufman
Alpha Version 5 Incoming!

The release will go live at 1700 UTC.

Among many feature updates, bug fixes and performance tweaks they are also implementing a server licensing system. Clans can now apply for a server licence to host a squad server on their own server box.
I dont know if there is enough players within HOG to set up a server, and to admin it, but i would prefer playing on our server instead of playing anywhere else.

Server Licensing General Info

Squad Alpha 5 changelog

if anyone is planing to buy into squad be aware
if you run AMD cpu you might want to think again. many ppl have performance issues with amd cpu (we will see how the new version runs)
if you have intel + nvidia youre fine.
i run squad on i5 4460 + gtx 960 4gb + 8 gigs of ram on average 40 fps on medium to high setings (alpha 4 version, but they claim the new version is more optimised and should run smoother. we will see)

also sli is not supported in unreal 4 engine so im not sure if it will work. i saw some topics on their forum about a workaround but didnt read into it.

c u on the battlefield
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 weeks ago #4257 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic Alpha 5
this could become a reality, we will have to do tests and stuff and moozerys looking into it.

HOWEVER

Will each and everyone of you relentlessly seed the server? I can remember seeing hog members playing other pr servers when only a select few were seeding our server, then, when it populated, gee, look who shows up. It would have to have people that are dedicated to seeing the server gain ground, without that, i wouldnt want to even try it.
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds