Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Ban Appeal

• Mike Toddson
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #1921 by Mike Toddson
Ban Appeal was created by Mike Toddson
Edit: My name in the game is "clownbag".

So, last night I was playing as a medic on a city map where the US Marines come into a port from the carrier Essex. The other side is the MEC. They both have the same color camo, which makes this more difficult as a new player obviously. Now, I have only had this game for a couple of days, but I did quite a bit of reading before starting the game and watched a lot of videos on it in an attempt to make sure I had a basic understanding of how the game works. I have a mic and I participate in gameplay. I do not troll and I do what my squad leader asks. I do not respawn without precise instruction to do so. I do not intentionally cause problems of ANY kind. I am simply trying to learn.

Anyway, I was running up and down throughout a building trying to heal everyone in my squad who kept asking for help. My squadmates eventually died as we were being overrun. I heard calls for help from a nearby building, so I moved over there. The entire area was swarming with enemies and they had even made it into the upper floors of the new building I had just entered (As you will see in my discussion, it turns out I was about to try to heal an enemy body).

Again, I feel that it is worth noting that this was a map where both teams have desert colored camo and it can be confusing for a new player.

So, I ran into this new building and got up a few floors to where I thought a wounded person was. Of course, it turns out I was actually about to try to heal an enemy body. Someone came through the doorway directly in front of me with a different uniform than the one on the body of the dude on the floor I was about to try to heal. I know it sounds stupid to those of you who have played this game for a long time. In the heat of the battle I made a mistake. I fired, they fired back, and at that point I continued firing until they were down. At that point they got pretty angry, which I understand but it was an honest mistake. I IMMEDIATELY went to their body to attempt to revive them. I wasn't trying to waste time talking yet for several reasons. One reason being that I sometimes still hit the "j" key instead of the "h" key when doing local voice comms and then I am typing into chat rather than using controls. He was in the same room and it would only take a couple of seconds to revive him, so I just wanted to get him revived first (If he wasn't dead) and then I could explain what happened as I healed him. As I was pulling out the epi-pen, literally just a couple of seconds after he went down, I was banned. It seems to be a permanent ban, as I still get the same message that I have been banned.

This was an honest mistake which, quite frankly, is going to happen with newer players. I have never done anything malicious in this game, I am simply trying to learn how to play. The last thing I heard was my squadmate asking, 'Why was clownbag just banned?" and then I was returned to the main menu. The reason he asked this is because I had been participating in gameplay. I had not been trolling people or doing anything wrong. I was communicating and doing what they asked. I had been trying to save people over and over and it was only upon moving into a new building that this mistake happened. I was there to try to help out, not intentionally team kill.

Obviously I will learn from this mistake and attempt to improve. Thank you for considering my request.
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Mike Toddson.
  • =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 months ago #1922 by =HOG=Haley11thACR
Replied by =HOG=Haley11thACR on topic Ban Appeal
ok...we will lift the ban.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mike Toddson
Time to create page: 0.110 seconds