Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Random ban

More
5 years 8 months ago #19346 by waldo
Random ban was created by waldo
So I just jumped into a game of Fallujah West after seeding for the last hour or two (afk), the server was still pretty dead at about 23 players all up. About the time I started playing one of our caches(i was Insurgent) got blown up which caused a big drama in all chat about how it was against the rules to destroy Caches before 15 v 15 ra ra.

Long story short the guy that did it came forward, and random players spammed all chat about Ban's and the like, I decided to get involved (yes I know this is where i went wrong) and just said simply a perma ban was a bit unnecessary for what was an obvious mistake *boom* ban.

Now yes I know its not my place (or anyone elses) to comment on server rules/punishments and I went wrong. But a Ban? Seriously? I hate that I have to be that guy but it really is a case of misusing authority that damages the game. PR's a dying game, we have a small but strong base of players of which I consider myself one, I've played for years, I've lead squads, played asset, played alongside most admins/clans etc. Then all of a sudden its all over, for what? not sharing the exact opinion of an admin over an insignificant squabble? someone having a cranky night? A kick or warning couldn't suffice?

I've said enough anyway, I just hope anymore time has to be wasted resolving what I can only assume was a midnight power trip. Thanks for reading.
More
5 years 8 months ago #19347 by waldo
Replied by waldo on topic Random ban
oh yeah my name is killer3lite in game btw
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 8 months ago #19349 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic Random ban
[2018-07-26 03:56] a5b9a1a3ba9860b05aff754a808e11b3 killer3liteattacking enemy mainbase banned

was a 3 hour ban, i would suggest reading our rules. that stuff you wrote is not it
  • =HOG=arm-off-please-help
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
5 years 8 months ago #19352 by =HOG=arm-off-please-help
Replied by =HOG=arm-off-please-help on topic Random ban
No sorry that was my fault. It wasnt him that was attacking the mainbase but another player with the the phrase "killer" in the name..
Please unban him. Sorry for that!
More
5 years 8 months ago #19357 by waldo
Replied by waldo on topic Random ban
Sweet thanks for that, glad it was just a misunderstanding.
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds