The forum is in read only mode.

Permaban - but for no reason?

More
2 years 5 months ago #31940 by goli
Permaban - but for no reason? was created by goli
In-game name: SzalonyGolibroda
PR Account ID:  fa44a90574794e15b2ec70018f73b18e

EVENTS
I got it and really don't understand why. 
It was Adak game, I was US in airport bunker - we held it for ~ 30-60 minutes of repeated  CH attacks.  Finally someone mentioned enabling  voicechat to both friendly and enemy players and an ally started roleplaying and talking on local "to the enemy" taunting. 
I took up, and wrote on all-chat "ching chang chong get out of my bunker", just  to act too.  I did that ONLY because I don't know chinese (I would have writen it in chinese if I knew it, for authencity) and  had to improvise.   

REASON
In my land - so to speak -  this phrase "ching chang chong" is a humorous way to give a notion that one is posing an Asian ( specifically a Chinaman ) and it is ONLY because of the similarity of sound of the phrase to chinese language in a non-chinese speaker's ear ( at least that's what I believe), it's about the association.  It has ABSOLUTELY no pejorative layer.  (I know this may sound: STEREOTYPE - maybe, but it is not aggresive at all).

MY THOUGHTS
And why am I mentioning this? Because squadmate said,  "you're gonna get banned" and I got permaban (like 10 min later? why?) for - allegedly - being racist. 
Now someone explain to me the reasoning behind the ban.  I had no intention to insult or demean anyone - such idea is just CRAZY - and this is what being racist is about, as far as I know:  disrespecting someone because of their ethnicity/background - and I did not that in any way. I did not attack anyone, I did not induce to violence etc etc 

FACTS
Mind you that this is the 1st such situation for me since trying PR ~ 10 years ago, therefore I ask for explanation and ban removal. 
The only motive for  all this is - I guess - misunderstanding and a hard day on admin's side ( or CH team made use of the scene to reduce US personnel on flag and reported - it was critical moment for the game).
And yes, I bother to read server rules and message (even though I forget it straightaway) and a misguiding manual because I believe in fair admin-player deal and....   still hold my point. 

If you read until here - cool, thanks - if not: how am I supposed to defend myself?  "admin BAD I no guilty!!11"   ?   
I believe we can sort this out.
  • =HOG=Justice
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • =HOG= Admin
More
2 years 5 months ago #31941 by =HOG=Justice
Replied by =HOG=Justice on topic Permaban - but for no reason?
1.1 No racist terms, words or insinuations. This is a bannable offense.

"OR INSINUATIONS"...This message is also there when you are loading into the server for every player to see before they get into the game. We have a ZERO tolerance policy for racism or anything of that nature. It is a one-month minimum ban. No, I don't believe you are racist, however, we enforce this rule very strictly.

=HOG= Server Admin
More
2 years 5 months ago #31942 by Deleted
Replied by Deleted on topic Permaban - but for no reason?
1 month ban racism, reply to this thread in 1 month to get your ban lifted
More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #31943 by asdasd
Replied by asdasd on topic Permaban - but for no reason?
  I am writing on this appeal because i was squad leader of the squad the player SzalonyGolibroda was in. He didnt do aneything bad only taunted the enemy slightly. He should be unbaned.I had a squad and was squadleader on the map ADAK. We were americans and holding the aircraft bunker on the airfield flag. Since we were doing such a good job the enemy didnt take it for a very long time. Due to them being unable to get it we taunted them in all chat along the lines of they are chinese therefore theyr assults are of poor quality like their products. One of the guys in the squad named "SzalonyGolibroda" said "ching chang chong get off my hangaro" to taunt and annoy the enemy. Due to that the admin Justice thought he was a rascist and banned him. Him being banned for one month is too extreme. You ban the low hanging fruits like this for comeplete nonsence yet you allow  ghosters , wallhackers and antysocial toxic miscrepts to roam free. Consider making a script that tracks playing frequency using the website of project reality stats to only weed out bad apples and suspicious deeds not frequent players. I would request you reconsider your judgement and unban him.
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by asdasd.
The following user(s) said Thank You: goli
More
2 years 5 months ago #31948 by Deleted
Replied by Deleted on topic Permaban - but for no reason?
Denied, wait 1 month.
More
2 years 3 months ago #32769 by goli
Replied by goli on topic Permaban - but for no reason?
To start with - all the best in this new year. 
To end with - will the ban be lifted now? 
Time to create page: 0.178 seconds