Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Admin Abuse: Halgesson

More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #18096 by Hiyy
Admin Abuse: Halgesson was created by Hiyy
Let me start of by saying that I don't believe it was his intention to abuse his admin, but the end result is that he is exaggerating my behavior beyond the situation that was the reason for the ban without even bothering to state specifics. I had an augment with a player ingame because of some idiotic stuff that I had no wrong doing, other than that I had a single teamkill on him when he started shooting me in main, which I admit I should have just reported him.

Yes, sometimes I'm mean to people that play the game wrong, big whoop, but the only person I've ever been kicked/tempbanned banned by was Evox because I got pissed at him for not stopping to let the gunner shoot and I kicked him for the squad for being a minge. He even apologized after which I have no hard feelings about! No one else in that game was I annoyed by but that one idiot, that doesn't mean I am a permanently toxic player. Even though I have been an upstanding player in HOG for 8 years he decided it was fair to permaban me over something minor, a major jump in proportionality of punishment. I have never insulted him directly, or felt upset by his decision personally, other than that I believe it was a misunderstanding of my character based on how pissed I was acting at the other player ingame. In his mind I am a toxic player, which anyone that has played with me knows is the furthest from the truth and a major overstatement considering I do everything I can to contribute to team play and never have done anything close to asshatery in my entire PR career.

I'm not necessarily asking for him to be demoted from any position, I would just like someone to have a conversation with him about why he thinks a permaban is proportional when an upstanding player attempts a single teamkill on an asshat player when he a simple tempban would have sufficed. When Brezman was around admins were held to a very high account, (I know this because Maverick was an admin back when my server was hosted by Brezman and he expected us to admin our server the same way HOG was) I hope that new admins like Halgesson are held to the same standard of proportionality and fairness. It's great to have a new admin on for the evening slot, but when he is acting like a cowboy permabanning longtime upstanding players he is doing more harm to this community than good, I know that if any other admins were on at the time it would have been a completely different situation.

Read the original thread here and put in your two cents about my general behavior:
www.hogclangaming.com/index.php/forum/ba...3085-ban-appeal-hiyy
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Hiyy.
More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #18103 by Halgesson
Replied by Halgesson on topic Admin Abuse: Halgesson
Chill, you are not permabanned. We are just waiting an head admin to decide how long your ban will be. Plus maybe you still haven't said ''Sorry'' :)
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Halgesson.
More
5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #18130 by Hiyy
Replied by Hiyy on topic Admin Abuse: Halgesson
I have apologized for the only behavior that in your words "was ruining the ingame experience for everyone" even though I went out of my way to do trans because the team needed it that round and the only person I wronged was the sniper I went out of my way to drop within 100 meters of where he wanted just for him to start shooting at me in main because I didn't give him a crate.

Yes, I am responsible for the frustration teamkill on him and for not reporting him for shooting at main which didn't help to inform your decision, those are the only things I apologize for that I have already stated. I stand by the fact that you need to think about how you are admining from both players perspectives, you obviously read what happened ingame for you to bring it up, but you still used a !b instead of !tb out of what I can only imagine is laziness when you should have gone though and investigated who's side of the story was accurate. Randomly permabanning players without proper investigation is going to lose player base from the server and I don't think Haley would be happy to see good players leaving the community because of a single ban happy admin. It's exactly the reason Jevski doesn't have admin anymore, use it fairly and properly investigate or lose it. I'm not trying to come down on you because I really do believe you are trying to do your best for the server, but you need to think about what's really in everyone's best interests when you're admining.
Last edit: 5 years 11 months ago by Hiyy.
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 11 months ago #18134 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic Admin Abuse: Halgesson
see, the problem is you create more than one post for the same topic and you dont realize the ban was lifted hours ago on the other thread
More
5 years 11 months ago #18135 by Hiyy
Replied by Hiyy on topic Admin Abuse: Halgesson
Yeah I realized, I'm just more worried about the other people that could be effected and this servers continuing popularity, it's not that he's a bad apple, I'm just trying to make him think a little more about what he's doing rather than just brushing over this and not learning anything.
More
5 years 11 months ago #18136 by Halgesson
Replied by Halgesson on topic Admin Abuse: Halgesson
What is there for me to learn? YOU made a mistake, I acted in order to make YOU learn. So I am being abusive because I banned you after crashing a helicopter in a teammate? give me a break.

Follow the rules, don't be a smart-ass and hopefully situations like this won't happen again.
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds