Shooting into or out of main/dod

• =HOG=ShrapGnoll
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 9 months ago #19282 by =HOG=ShrapGnoll
Shooting into or out of main/dod was created by =HOG=ShrapGnoll
What exactly are the rules about shooting in out of main/DOD? People get banned all the time for shooting in main just into the air or the ground etc. Are you allowed to shoot out from DOD at enemies? Are those enemies then not allowed to return fire?

The rules are written to make it seem like any shooting into, or out of main, is disallowed. But then B4TM4N mentioned* that there is no rule saying you can't defend main... Does that mean that if an attacking force is breaking the rules and shooting your main, you can shoot out? Or is anything visible from main fair game?

Feels similar to the rules for TKing people that are already shooting you. It seems reasonable that you should be able to return fire at something that is shooting you.

I'm aware that this can lead to a gong show of main shooting or TKing, and that is what the rules are trying to avoid. Just looking for some clarity.

1.2 No asshatting, firing weapons, grenades or smoke in main bases.
4.1 Do not attack enemy bases unless there is a capable flag on it. Bases that have no flag on them are considered out of limits.

* hogclangaming.com/index.php/forum/ban-ap...opj-ban-appeal#19275

Cheers,

Shrap
More
5 years 9 months ago #19283 by R1ghty
Replied by R1ghty on topic Shooting into or out of main/dod
How I enforce it:

There is NO shooting into, OR out of main. Period.

If you are being fired at, from DOD, you are not allowed to engage. You must report the situation to an admin and they will do their best to correct it.

The same goes for teamkilling. You will be banned for teamkilling, even if it is in self defense.
  • =HOG=ShrapGnoll
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 9 months ago #19284 by =HOG=ShrapGnoll
Replied by =HOG=ShrapGnoll on topic Shooting into or out of main/dod
Ok that makes sense it is consistent with what the rules say.

Thanks! :)
More
5 years 9 months ago #19286 by fenneclat
Replied by fenneclat on topic Shooting into or out of main/dod
You may not shoot into main for any reason. Camping main is also severely frowned upon. "People that are trying to bend the rules or like testing the limits will be removed."

Defenders are not restricted from defending their main base area. Not condoned, but not illegal.
Devs have blocked teams' ability to build within the DOD.
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 9 months ago #19304 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic Shooting into or out of main/dod

How I enforce it:

There is NO shooting into, OR out of main. Period.

If you are being fired at, from DOD, you are not allowed to engage. You must report the situation to an admin and they will do their best to correct it.

The same goes for teamkilling. You will be banned for teamkilling, even if it is in self defense.

this is not correct, read b4tmans response, he is correct.
The following user(s) said Thank You: R1ghty
More
5 years 9 months ago #19305 by R1ghty
Replied by R1ghty on topic Shooting into or out of main/dod
Roger that. I will adjust my practices immediately.
Time to create page: 0.166 seconds