The forum is in read only mode.

Rage and Hope

• Foice
  • Foice's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #21893 by Foice
Rage and Hope was created by Foice

Some administrator is corrupting votes!

first vote: AAS vs INS - AAS won (24x22)

second vote: map X (aas) map X¹ (aas) map Y (INS) ----?

by logic, the players who voted for AAS were split, and 22 voted again on INS - Ex: ( 16 ) ( 8 ) ( 22 - INS)

This specifically happened in 01/03/2019, 01:00 AM (-4GMT), after Burnig Sands map.
Several players complained but nothing was resolved. We only get rude answers from admins.

But, this is not a rare occurrence!
At night, almost every night, administrators are influenced by certain players, including ".Duster ..." among others, using the same maps in the vote, and we play INS 3 or 4 times in a row, followed by 'Ia Drang' (boring and not modern war), with no chance of complaint for threat of punishment.

the INS maps, despite this, are very repeated - Ex: kokan and falujah every time.

All this happens and there seems to be no problems, even by the complacency of some players, but this is putting an end to the fun, corroding us, eroding our nerves.

Follows Attached

'---- ---- ---- ---- --- -- attachments appears "Failed to write file to disk" here... -- --- ---- ---- ---- ----'

adapted and translated by google
By: [NOOB]-STN-Foice

Text in source language:

Algum administrador está corrompendo os votos!
primeiro voto: AAS vs INS - AAS ganhou (24x22)
segundo voto: mapa X (aas) mapa X¹ (aas) mapa Y (INS) ---- ?
pela lógica, os jogadores que votaram em AAS ficaram divididos, e 22 denovo votaram em INS - Ex: ( 16 ) ( 8 ) ( 22 - INS )
Este ocorrido especificamente aconteceu em 01/03/2019, 01:00 AM (-4GMT), depois de Burnig Sands.
Vários jogadores reclamaram mas nada foi resolvido. Apenas recebemos respostas grosseiras pelos admins.
Mas, este não é um acontecimento raro!
Pela Noite, em quase todas as noites, os administradores são influenciados por certos jogadores, incluindo ".Duster..." entre outros, utilizando os mesmos mapas nos votos, e jogamos INS 3 ou 4 vezes seguidas, seguido de "Ia Drang" (Vietnam chato e não de guerra moderna), sem chances de reclamação por ameaça de punição.
os mapas INS, além de tudo, são muito repetidos - Ex: Kokan e Falujah toda hora.
Tudo isso acontece e parece não haver problemas, mesmo pela complascência de alguns jogadores, mas isso está acabando com a diversão, nos corroendo, e corroendo nossos nervos.
Segue Anexo

Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Foice. Reason: size error
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 2 months ago #21895 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic Rage and Hope
thanks for the report, we will look into this, standby.
  • prwars Nardz123
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #21901 by prwars Nardz123
Replied by prwars Nardz123 on topic Rage and Hope
Since you included a cap of me and this sounds like when I was the admin running the vote here's a QRD:

The INS/AAS vote was within a few vote of each other: 15 for INS and 14 for AAS. I cancelled it with about 20 seconds left on the map vote timer (iirc). This was done because at the time the team I was on was down to about ~60 tickets and on the verge of losing the last bleed flag.

Since I could see the game mode vote tallies as they stood at the time, I slapped a map vote up -- Grozney(AAS) Muttrah(AAS) Karbala(INS) -- just to get a full server vote in. I did this so that people would have input, rather than me selecting something on my own and setting it without ANY vote happening before we bled out tickets. In the end the Karbala INS won with 19 votes which is a pretty healthy amount -- Grozny received 12, and Muttrah 13. The round ended a few minutes later.

I can assure you that Duster has no influence on any map picks I put up -- nor does anyone who screeches about maps in all-chat unless ASKED for input beforehand. That said, I'll often ask SL's or Commanders for suggestions, and/or I'll throw it out to an all-chat to get an idea of what people may want to see. However, asking for input is no guarantee that your choice will be included in a map vote. There's typically quite a few suggestions that come in via REPORT which you don't see in all-chat, or via voice comms, and I'll also factor in the time of day/night and current server population regardless.

Finally, my note about the the rules/forum in all chat was in regards to Artkin complaining about the "no racism rule" on HOG's server. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you weren't selectively quoting that out of context in regards to the map/map vote you issue that you highlighted in your post.

Hope this clarifies things a bit.

Here's the related chat log which generated my response that you screen-capped:
[00:30:26 GLOBAL] Artkin: can u be religionist on this server?
[00:30:31 GLOBAL] Artkin: never actually read the rules
[00:31:01 GLOBAL] Artkin: its a serious question actually
[00:31:14 GLOBAL] Artkin: well Ive been kicked for saying heil ****** before
[00:31:27 GLOBAL] Artkin: no warn
[00:31:48 GLOBAL] Artkin: just think his military policies were op

[00:32:29 GLOBAL] prWARs nardz123: HOG's rules, read them at the website. Post in the forums if you disagree, Haley or Super 6 will answer you
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by prwars Nardz123.
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 2 months ago #21904 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic Rage and Hope
nardz, that is an absolute no no. you are splitting votes by doing that. Do not do that anymore, aas, insur then pick the 3 maps for whichever wins, or aas, insur, cnc, then pick the 3 maps of whichever wins.

Do not map vote maps with different game modes.

If the teams are unbalanced, they will be unbalanced when the next map comes up. We have other ways to handle unbalanced teams, do not split votes between two aas and one insurgency.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Foice
  • prwars Nardz123
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #21905 by prwars Nardz123
Replied by prwars Nardz123 on topic Rage and Hope
No worries - I really don't split map votes *except* for last night given the tight circumstances.

INS "won" the game mode short-vote by +1 overall, though again the vote did have ~20 sec left, iirc. The close, short vote is the sole reason why I split the AAS options. I was just more concerned about getting a full server-wide map vote in before the bleed out.

I should have put all INS, but I did not. That's my bad.

The situation Foice presented simply did NOT happen last night as he outlined it in his post. AAS did not win the vote, and no one was rude to him that I saw. Certainly not me.
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by prwars Nardz123.
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds