Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Unjust bans/kicks

More
3 years 2 months ago #29116 by Chemo
Unjust bans/kicks was created by Chemo
2/20/21
[GG] Glybd was temp banned for Tking and asset waste when neither of those things occurred. He didn't TK anyone although he did shoot a friendly in main ONCE because they were shooting at him. As for the "asset waste," he didn't waste any assets. Next round me and others were questioning the ban with no definitive responses until Killer does !s Spam and if we talk anymore about it we get kicked. I then made a report about someone tking in SQUAD chat, then get kicked for chat spam... for making a report... CHAT SPAM. Doesn't make any sense. Then the normal response "take it to the forums", so I'll take it to the forums. I'm sure you are all aware of this but HOG has a reputation and it isn't a good one. Players being banned or kicked for no reason and when they contest it "take it to the forums". There are countless instances of this. It is getting out of hand and has been for a while. Admins on HOG are trigger happy, kicking/banning at whatever chance they get. It is ridiculous. You are actively destroying the community of a game that doesn't have much of a community left and you should be ashamed of yourselves. All I want done is for Glybd's ban to be lifted (even if it is just temporary), after all it is unjust and for there to be some discipline for admins/guest admins who blatantly abuse their power. If the ban isn't lifted then if you'd do me the favor of giving evidence for the ban (that he tk'd and wasted an asset) I would appreciate it. I truly don't mean to be rude in this statement so I hope you won't mistake my bluntness for negativity. I hope this is well received and this can be resolved. 
The following user(s) said Thank You: 420j
More
3 years 2 months ago #29119 by Deleted
Replied by Deleted on topic Unjust bans/kicks
He did tk after previous warnings so thanks for the complaint but actions are justified.
More
3 years 2 months ago #29121 by 420j
Replied by 420j on topic Unjust bans/kicks
I fully support this statement. And will testify against KILLER
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chemo
More
3 years 2 months ago #29122 by Resilient
Replied by Resilient on topic Unjust bans/kicks
Hello HOG Admins,

I would just like to add to this for the admins to see in order to not have to create another post for this topic as a way to avoid any confusion or traffic.

First off, I would like to say that I do not agree with what the creator of this post says and I will not even consider an attempt to "kiss ass" for a server community out of irrelevance in the matter. I would only like to appeal the temporary ban of [GG] Glybd, but luckily it is only temporary. Although, I prefer to question the ban and the claims themselves by the admin =HOG= Killer due to reasons I, like Chemo, consider unjustified.

I was in the same squad as Glybd and was active for almost the entirety of the game on Wanda Shan. I would like to note that I had heard and seen the report by Glybd to admins on someone team-killing/attempting to at main, which led to him having to shoot the person as well due to the persons' tk attempts. Moments later I see the person get killed by the admin command, the person I believe had "kevin" in his in-game name. A moment after, Glybd gets warned for tking, to which all of us in the squad including Glybd were very confused to see as we had no recollection of an actual tk above the chat area. This is as far as my argument on the tk goes.

Now I am going to dispute the asset-waste claim. Glybd was flying the CAS heli and EL_MATU was gunning for him. The situation over comms was that the CAS gunner was failing several times with all his missiles he had used to kill an APC. This failure had led to our CAS getting killed by the APC. This was clearly not an intentional waste, it was just an unfortunate situation for the CAS gunner to miss his shots. This was a "kill them first or get yourself killed" scenario, like many encounters when heavy assets are facing off with each other.

Some uncertain amount of time later, Glybd is temp banned with the reason, "asset-waste and tk" attached to it. This is clearly an unjustified course of action because again it wasn't as if CAS was just flying over an APC without shooting and offering themselves to get killed. For the tk, may I ask for a screenshot of the tk through the tracker? I ask because I am uncertain as to how to view it. Until then, I have to continue on with the rationale that there was no actual tk other than what I stated earlier from my point of view.

Finally, I would like to say that I am aware of the likely possibility that the temp ban will not be lifted because of it only being temporary, regardless of how unjustified it may be. The reason for me posting here is not only because Glybd is a friend, but because I was a strong witness to the event by not only being in the squad, but also being attentive to the admin console above the chat and hearing my squad communicate on these events. With all that said, I believe that I am in a strong position to dispute the action. I am hoping with all this said, admins would at least avoid this kind of unjustified action next time if it were to happen again. With everything said, I would like to mention that I in no way condone or agree on these antagonizing claims and the use of them made by Chemo on the =HOG= community/admins. I do not believe that making the claims he did is rational as well, since he himself left out the fact on his post the detail that he had gotten kicked for reporting a tker. For 1, he was not near the tk incident (as far as I know) and 2, he left out the fact that he said in his report that he "expects them to be banned". And I would like to acknowledge that I agree with Chemo on the reputation for the =HOG= server. While reputations aren't always rational because they either capitalize on the good or bad, most of us can all say that the server and clan does get antagonized frequently by a number of players, and again, I am not saying it is true, but it is a fact that some players make these complaints/criticisms.

PS The whole spiel on =HOG= reputation is not entirely relevant to my dispute but I chose to include it due to me having said that I did not agree with what Chemo mentioned. I believe that is all for now.

Thank you and may ya'll have a good day/night!

ResilientCancer
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds