Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Should HOG do away with the sham votes?

• TheMerchantOfMenace
  • TheMerchantOfMenace's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #20124 by TheMerchantOfMenace
Replied by TheMerchantOfMenace on topic Should HOG do away with the sham votes?
How the heck am I supposed to know who's doing the votes???

And no, I won't waste any more time posting anywhere, since it is not wanted. My mistake.
More
5 years 6 months ago #20125 by R1ghty
Replied by R1ghty on topic Should HOG do away with the sham votes?
I honestly don't know how you'd find out.. Do you recall the maps that were in the vote, or which map won?
  • TheMerchantOfMenace
  • TheMerchantOfMenace's Avatar Topic Author
More
5 years 6 months ago #20126 by TheMerchantOfMenace
Replied by TheMerchantOfMenace on topic Should HOG do away with the sham votes?
No, I don't... I never thought to take notes, 'cause I would have thought that you guys could easily look at log files and find it.

In any case, I'm not going to report it anyway, as I said earlier, one only gets hostility here, and I don't have any need for that. I don't care anymore, I'll just jump on YT when/if it happens.

Posting on these forums is for masochists, and that's a form of mental illness, I believe.
More
5 years 6 months ago #20127 by Im Druid
Replied by Im Druid on topic Should HOG do away with the sham votes?
Okay, then i suggest to take notes from now on. If it is a problem and you have no solution how do you think we can solve it? You have not prepared for reporting it. So how do you expect us fix it. As super said it has been addressed before in our admin section. No one is really hostile towards you. or has been, so please don't put that narrative on us. Come back with some notes where you think you noticed a rigged vote. Just saying that they all do it or suggesting that is how all of us admin is quite rude especially since you are not backing it up with evidence. So it would be better to grab some when you bring up these "reports" its not a report if you are not reporting anyone.
  • =HOG= __Super_6__5__
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 years 6 months ago #20128 by =HOG= __Super_6__5__
Replied by =HOG= __Super_6__5__ on topic Should HOG do away with the sham votes?

No, I don't... I never thought to take notes, 'cause I would have thought that you guys could easily look at log files and find it.

In any case, I'm not going to report it anyway, as I said earlier, one only gets hostility here, and I don't have any need for that. I don't care anymore, I'll just jump on YT when/if it happens.

Posting on these forums is for masochists, and that's a form of mental illness, I believe.

Who was being hostile? I take it from your responses we are not allowed to ask questions, sorry for that. Next time, we will fall at your feet.

For something that is so upsetting i would think you would know who did it, especially if it is a constant thing. If it is a one time thing, do we really have a problem??? So if its more than once and putting myself into your shoes, i would know who all is doing it just by reading the text on the screen that says so in so ran the vote, setnext etc. or do an !admins and see who the admins were on, or give a specific map vote, or a specific date or even a time period.

Searching the logs is not as easy as you think it is. For example, we can search for !mvote and it will show us all of the commands issued and REMOVES every other log entry to show ONLY what we asked it for which is !mvote. But, that just shows the map voting commands. We cannot do a dual search term to pull !movtes and !setnexts. So what that means is we have to start searching the entire log looking at every mvote then looking for what map was set. The point is, it would be WAY easier for whoever is reporting an admin or many admins to AT LEAST have one name of someone thats doing it, WE just thought it would be easier than searching the logs.

Now, someone sent me a search of the logs and found 2 instances of what you described, we dont know the situations on those two but if there are ONLY 2 then i dont really call that an epidemic.

As stated before, WE HAVE MENTIONED THIS BEFORE to the admins to NOT do that. So since we have mentioned it, someone is NOT getting the message, so, common sense would dictate to contact that admin DIRECTLY to inform them that process is not acceptable. We thought it would be easy for you to give more information to help us identify the culprits. No worries though, keep the insults coming.
Time to create page: 0.133 seconds