@ Swamp and the other guys DOD in Ramiel

• BaconCody
  • BaconCody's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 10 months ago #11090 by BaconCody
@ Swamp and the other guys DOD in Ramiel was created by BaconCody

"You know I’m proud to have that German blood, there’s no question about it. Great stuff"
- Donald J Trump
More
6 years 10 months ago #11091 by fenneclat
Replied by fenneclat on topic @ Swamp and the other guys DOD in Ramiel
Where were they? I assume they were USMC?
  • BaconCody
  • BaconCody's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 10 months ago #11093 by BaconCody
Replied by BaconCody on topic @ Swamp and the other guys DOD in Ramiel
had a FOB in the village east of the runway. Turned out that it is indeed DOD...

"You know I’m proud to have that German blood, there’s no question about it. Great stuff"
- Donald J Trump
  • prwars Nardz123
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 10 months ago #11191 by prwars Nardz123
Replied by prwars Nardz123 on topic @ Swamp and the other guys DOD in Ramiel
This is an ongoing problem with SwampFox. I've encountered these "no we're not in DOD, I checked the minimaps on the website" when the FOB, and/or parts and assets ARE indeed in DOD. This happens constantly along with exploiting game bugs by placing multiple copies of assets as well, which should only be limited to 1x per FOB (eg, no 2 TOW/AA fobs) or 3 mortars etc.

Perhaps a rule addition or tweak is in order to ensure that all components and fob bases are outside the DOD by at least 200m? And that assets should not be exploited to more copies than allowed as intended by the devs?

This will prevent cries of "spawn camping" and shooting into DOD by those who are going to go and take down said FOBs anyway.

And yes --- I get it, no one is supposed to shoot out of, or into, DOD and main yadda yadda yadda. However, it's severely tempting fate by allowing these mortar FOBs so close to, or inside, DOD constantly. Let's be realistic and face up to that it's going to cause these problems as I've seen now numerous times.

It would be better to avoid the problem altogether with some hard and fast FOB placement and asset rules.

Can we get some admin love and attention on this matter? It's already ruining games as it is and creating bad blood amongst community members.
  • =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
6 years 10 months ago #11192 by =HOG=Haley11thACR
Replied by =HOG=Haley11thACR on topic @ Swamp and the other guys DOD in Ramiel
OK, suggestions as to how far from DOD we should permit a fob/mortars...100m?
More
6 years 10 months ago #11194 by PancakeHero
Replied by PancakeHero on topic @ Swamp and the other guys DOD in Ramiel
I'd say half a grid or a whole grid.
Time to create page: 0.143 seconds