Rules Suggestions

• CAS_ual_TY
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #2965 by CAS_ual_TY
Rules Suggestions was created by CAS_ual_TY
As you might know, I applied for admin on your server (not making pressure for a reply, just noticing this) and I have a few suggestions for rule changes/adjustements. Please consider them even if you decline my application:

1. About the jets:
"Do not attack or chase and attack enemy aircraft that are over their own main base." (General)
As a CAS whore myself I suggest this to change. I once had the situation that I was flying the MIG on Kashan and got attacked by the enemy Hornet. I dodged their missiles and he realised Im gonna outturn him, so he broke off. I followed him however on his tail (without him noticing) and engaged with gun after ~20 seconds. I later got the warning that I engaged over their main base. I said I got engaged on first but still apologized. Im telling you this story because if you are in a dogfight, you are concentrating on your surroundings (if youre high its only fog and jets, no ground) and staying alive. You almost never look at the map, So if you chase an enemy jet you look at your alt and at his tail but you will never notice if you are above his main. If you are looking for the enemy jets however (scouting) you keep looking constantly at the map.

My Suggestion:
Remove the "chase" part. Its almost impossible to not break this rule while in those very punishing pr style dogfights.

2. About the minimum size of an asset squad before you are alloed to lock it:
Their are two types of SLs: Those who lock the squad early and those who never do. Imagine there are 3 tanks (eg Khami) but the SL locks the squad with four players. Then they have only two tanks up at the beginning and one unused. People often do this because they want to immediately take another asset after losing the first one to avoid the respawn time penalty ofc. This however hurts the team as the enemy might have all three tanks up and a 3v2 is way easier to win than a 3v3. So imagine they lose both tanks but managed to shut down one of the enemy. Its a 1v2 now wich is almost impossible to win if the enemy is in any way aware of your presence. Then you lose another tank and the enemy has two tanks up wich can hurt the team pretty badly. I guess I dont have to go further into this.
Now about the other "type" of SL: Its pretty simple. You have only one APC that needs two players. You may not lock your squad below the count of six players, however. Those will most likely be lonewolfs who in most cases dont help the team either.

My Suggestion:
The minimum count of players for CAS, APC and TANK should be the number required to main all assets capping at six.

3. "Useless" squads:
Everybody knows the situation when you want to create an INF/MORTAT/whatever squad but there is no space. You have however those "INF ger/de/fr/ita/pl/whateverButNotENG" squads holding one or two persons who refuse to join an casual INF squad. EDIT: Forgot to mention that these are are often lonewolfing around and/or on a position that is totally unrelevant according to the current map objectives because they think they should do some sort of "spec ops" thing.

My Suggestion:
An admin should have the right to tell squads he considers to not help the team enough, to resign and if they are not doing so resigning them himself. This sounds very harsh but there are multiple instances when this was heavily needed (once there were four of these).

These are my suggestions. I hope you consider changing/adding them. I accept any type of feedback (positive and negative). These suggestions just show my personal experience and are not meant to be offensive or "troll" in any way.

Thanks for reading
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by CAS_ual_TY.
More
8 years 2 months ago #2972 by =HOG= xambone
Replied by =HOG= xambone on topic Rules Suggestions

I like the way you suggest man...

Very good point and I appreciate the time it took to write it all out
so neatly.

My thoughts:
1. CAS/jets are hard to admin and almost everyone gets killed " on our runway " its never in the air or over the enemies base.
2. makes perfect sense
3. I didn't realize we weren't able to just talk and ask them to leave and rejoin our mortar squad or something else if they aren't comfortable with running with other squads.
  • CAS_ual_TY
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #2975 by CAS_ual_TY
Replied by CAS_ual_TY on topic Rules Suggestions
I didnt have anything better to do since the ms was down at that time :)

About your thoughts:

1. I know about that problem. You should maybe add a "fairplay" part (I always tell my squad not to baserape them as it is the opposite of fairplay) and you should give the admin more freedom on this topic. Give the admin the right to tell if it was baserape or not. Then nobody can complain afterwards. Admins should also not be afraid of kicking someone who breaks this rule while in jet. He broke it and now he and his team pay the price. Otherwise he can just take down 4 (at worst case) enemy jets who didnt break the rules.

3. Ofc. But you should give the admin the right in the rules to resign them. Because otherwise they can complain afterwards. That was just my thought.
More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #3057 by Gunnyy
Replied by Gunnyy on topic Rules Suggestions
Baserape Rule
This rule stops people from baseraping, If we remove the rule for jets people will camp runways like back in 0.67 which was constantly a camping runway tactic. If we remove the rule it will be the same as years ago constant camping of all runways making it so that all fast jets will shoot u down instantly after take off. Hence the runway/baserape rule it is to protect you.

Asset Rule
Asset rule i do completely agree, People are starting to abuse the lock function and saving tanks for there deaths makes it extremely difficult to counter more tanks then you actually have at your disposal +1.

Squads
When it comes to different language squads i do agree that they should unlock but at the same time do you really wanna be in a squad where it is constantly another language? If they change the rules to constant english they will look like racists you cant really do much when the community is international. I do agree with ur suggestion though i think admin should be able to resign squads of two who are locked for a squad of 8 who are communicating perfectly +1.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by Gunnyy.
  • CAS_ual_TY
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 2 months ago #3073 by CAS_ual_TY
Replied by CAS_ual_TY on topic Rules Suggestions
1. Its not about engaging. Its about being allowed to FOLLOW over their main base.

3. That rule is only meant for low pop squads (1-3 players)
More
8 years 2 months ago #3090 by Drago
Replied by Drago on topic Rules Suggestions
What about rushing first flag? On HOG you can do it...

Well let me start with Napoleon, who said, qoute: "Give me 100 000 croatian soldiers and I will conqure all world"

Y
Time to create page: 0.153 seconds