Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

This rule of yours is wrong ?

• Bulls
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 day ago - 8 years 1 day ago #4216 by Bulls
This rule of yours is wrong ? was created by Bulls
Hi there, today me and my mate were on hog the map was kashan desert ALT and me and my friend were on the US side i created a tank squad and locked it with 2 people just me and my friend, since we had only 1 tank on the US side, we were playing , we got engaged by the enemy cas, then all of a sudden i got warned couple times about me not opening the tank squad, then the admin =HOG=xambon resigned me, i was surprised why he did that i mean there was only 1 tank on us side and me and my friend were manning it, he came into my squad we talked a bit, then i told him i'm gonna ask the admins on your forum,which i'm doing right now , don't take this as an admin report or anything like that because it isn't, i just want to know if what he did was justified and i didn't understand this rule correctly

Tank squads require a minimum of 4 members before being locked. The squad must be named TANK

so i wont brake it again in future if indeed him/the rule is right, that i can't lock a tank squad with 2 players,while only having 1 tank,Thank you!

Last edit: 8 years 1 day ago by Bulls.
More
8 years 1 day ago #4226 by Tequila
Replied by Tequila on topic This rule of yours is wrong ?
Theres 2 sides to this.
  • The first is kind of my point of view. I dont have any problem with people locking asset squads when the amount of players needed to fill those assets is met. This is because I find that people tend to join them as "free kit" squads.

• On the other hand, there are only 9 squads available. With 100 player servers, its been difficult to have enough squads to fill all roles.

What it comes down to is just the admins on and the situation. If there are 9 squads and 1 squad has 2 people in it and locked, we will generally ask you to consolidate squads or unlock to let some people in. Its just a touch judgement call sometimes.

Proud =HOG= Guest Admin since 2012.
  • Bulls
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 day ago - 8 years 1 day ago #4229 by Bulls
Replied by Bulls on topic This rule of yours is wrong ?
Yeah i understand but, the server is used to these locked squads for assets, and no one asks to enter unless he has a friend in it and he just want to hang out , sometimes if an admin warn or resigned someone like in my case maybe that player will lose it and provoke the admin to further actions like a kick or a ban,anyhow the original tank rule it self has a flaw in it, in my opinion,for example some maps have 3 or 4 tanks in it's layout, so if 4 players can lock a tank squad that means leaving 1 or 2 tanks back in main, which is counter productive as suppose all of em being manned and work together, if i suggest i think that rule needs to change, because sometimes it can create problems for both the admin and the player.
Last edit: 8 years 1 day ago by Bulls.
More
8 years 1 day ago #4233 by =HOG= xambone
Replied by =HOG= xambone on topic This rule of yours is wrong ?
Only thing that bothers me about the rule is it would make more sense in this situation to allow the TANK Squad to be joined with the two Bradley's as an "Armour Squad". would save a whole squad for Infantry. Only three or four maps have it where there is one tank. Its hard to know what is best in these situations but getting angry at an admin and cursing at him over mumble and telling him he doesn't know anything isn't the mature way to express yourself. I know of several Admins that would have banned your friend for this. Then surely you would have insulted my decision to do so and you would be kicked or banned for your "I can't believe your an admin, you dont understand your own rules!!!" attitude that kept being said.

Posting here is the most mature way to handle this. So I salute you for it! And i realized that you guys were in the heat of the moment. I would like you to pass the knowledge on to your buddy seen in the text image you posted here that since you were blown up and therefore dead.... only a dead person/unspawned could have seen his, "wtf warn for unlocking...."

If an admin asked you to unlock your squad and you get killed you do have time to hit caps lock and select unlock. I resigned you to get your attention and it worked. having two more players in your squad might be distracting and you guys enjoy playing together so i understand that.

Driver + Gunner = normal usage of tank. not many people ride in .50 cal commander seat. It's a very limited issue but worth the discussion for sure. thanks Bulls.
More
8 years 1 day ago - 8 years 1 day ago #4236 by solid_fire93
Replied by solid_fire93 on topic This rule of yours is wrong ?
idk about "Armor squad" thingy....
while i understand it will save a lot of free slots for infy but we will have trouble on who take tank or apc...
i've seen so many bad Tank squad leader that they were just there to waste the Asset and leave the squad when they get killed... so that will create total chaos imho,or maybe im wrong (but srsly making armor squad like that faggoty of PRTA they say that you can claim all armor Vehicles if you name it "Armor" so im against that type of squad on HOG )
even with that locking squad with 2 player for tank the server still have up to 98-99 players

also @xambone sorry for any misunderstanding or if i insulted you in anyway, i was mad cause me and Bulls always follow the Rules.. i went afk and we couldn't talk about it,but Bulls took care of it...

again this is not an issue for us (me and Bulls) we all do mistakes....

Regards and i'll cya in the battlefield...
Last edit: 8 years 1 day ago by solid_fire93.
  • Bulls
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 day ago #4239 by Bulls
Replied by Bulls on topic This rule of yours is wrong ?
No problem mate, i was an admin for 5+ years i know how to play by the rules and behave with admins on/off forums, and as for my friend well.. sometimes people just snap i'ts human nature!, see you in the battlefield ,take care.
Time to create page: 0.164 seconds