Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

I'm more interested to know why i was banned than appeal the ban

• =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 years 3 months ago #26506 by =HOG=Haley11thACR
What does the monitor have to do with seeing thru walls and smoke....and anticipating the presence of an enemy?
  • IsNull
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #26508 by IsNull

What does the monitor have to do with seeing thru walls and smoke....and anticipating the presence of an enemy?

Nothing whatsoever, my monitor simply allows me to see enemies at great distances as the engine has a maximum resolution after which it stretches images, while shadow boost a feature integrated in to my monitor particularly enhances image details in dark areas, brightening scenes without over-exposing bright areas hence making low contrast scenes have higher contrast such as smoke, where if an object is covered in smoke but not occluded by it, it's fairly visible due to the elevated contrast,so if your in smoke, you're visible, but if you're behind smoke, you're not, a rendering artifact. Loudness Equalization however does allow me to anticipate enemies beyond my field of view in close proximity, if you observe my movements, i tend to stop and look around often, that's so as to eliminate my own movement as a source of noise so that i may orient with the environmental noise, if i hear a sound originating form a general heading & there's no friendlies on the map on a given vector, i stop & cue my movements to surrounding sound, i suggest you give it a try, www.ghacks.net/2014/04/02/enable-sound-l...qualization-windows/ ,substantially changes how you play,it does for me.

Edit: I also occasionally use my 6.1 surround sound speaker setup when i'm alone at home, which when used alongside acoustic echo cancellation which is basically how your phone doesn't echo the speaker when on loud speaker, such that when a mic detects input that doesn't correlate to output audio, it lowers volume of one so that even using speakers i don't get echo when using mumble, just thought i'd mention it, as surround sound enhances your experience, something you'll no doubt agree with if you've ever been to a movie theater.

Edit: Yes i'm an audiophile if you haven't picked up on it, i don't own a car(uber everywhere) but i have a banging speaker setup ;)
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by IsNull.
  • IsNull
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago #26509 by IsNull
The reason i consider appealing this ban futile is a simple cost benefit analysis, your current system of appealing a ban is a strange game, where the only winning move is not to play, i look to video games to enjoy my time, not to subject myself to the opinions & judgments of others.

However i love this game & it's been fun & consider this me giving back to the community with which i've spend thousands of hours since i was in my teens, seeing as how you're so invested in preventing hacks, consider this my contribution, your server admins may pass along to the PR dev team as i don't have an account of Project Reality forums & tbh find it most appropriate to post here, contextually, almost all hacks that i could find in the past couple of hours require Microsoft Visual C++ run-times & imports to run, a simple check of run-time dlls associated with PRBF2.exe that the game doesn't normally import is all that is required to render useless almost every hack i've encountered. The following autohotkey script is a working proof of concept that could easily be implemented in the launcher that checks & identifies memory injections in PRBF2. All hacks however functionally advanced use a standard set of tools & techniques to gain access to the engine, the script i've written simply checks for the dependencies in these techniques.

To Test It:
Download one of many hacks for prbf2, I've tested it with refactorhook & extended reality, then simply run the script with & without the hacks injected into the game. You'll need to download & install autohotkey from the official site to which i won't link but expect you to find using a simple google search.

I've linked to the script on my autohotkey forum post.

PR Cheat Detection Working Proof Of Concept

cheers.
  • =HOG=Justice
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • =HOG= Admin
More
4 years 3 months ago #26512 by =HOG=Justice
This has to be a joke. There is absolutely nothing that should legally allow you to see and accurately shoot at someone several feet behind a wall even if you are able to see through smoke. It does not matter if you have the best hardware in existence. Stop wasting your time and our time. It's over. You're done.

=HOG= Server Admin
  • IsNull
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 3 months ago - 4 years 3 months ago #26513 by IsNull

This has to be a joke. There is absolutely nothing that should legally allow you to see and accurately shoot at someone several feet behind a wall even if you are able to see through smoke. It does not matter if you have the best hardware in existence. Stop wasting your time and our time. It's over. You're done.

I was long done, haley asked a question i answered. And i provided a practical solution to technically prevent cheating, the very type of cheating i was accused of, not to get unbanned at one of many servers for one of many games i enjoy, i did so for the same reason people gave up their time to make PR what it is today, kindly get your head out of your ass my friend, hacks are something your clearly up in arms about, your solution seems to be opinionated bans, i provided a working technical alternative to detect & prevent execution of hacks, so this right here, what' your doing never needs to happen again,like i said my hardware no matter what, should no more subject me to a ban than yours which certainly gives you latency & higher resolution than players with lower end hardware,or does that bat stop with you,not that it matters.

Let me spell it out for you,I don't wish to get un-banned, my former comment was directed at a solution that anyone can run & test, a working script, no more no less, you need to relax & see what's in front of you, not what you think is in front of you, mockery serves no function but to elevate your self among your peers, so you've derided, you've mocked, GG.

And my sincerest apologies for wasting your time with a solution that makes PR a better experience. There is no further reason for you to add your input to this thread, i'm addressing anyone else inclined to objectively evaluate the solution i posited, nothing else.

ONCE AGAIN: PR Cheat Detection Working Proof Of Concept
Last edit: 4 years 3 months ago by IsNull.
  • =HOG=Justice
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • =HOG= Admin
More
4 years 3 months ago #26514 by =HOG=Justice
You accurately shot at a fkn guy that was behind a wall, and the wall was also behind smoke. Get that shit through your head. All admins have seen it now and they can all see through your bullshit, too. Doesn't matter if you have a $1million computer and monitor when you're seeing through walls. You were too stupid to not realize that the guy was behind a wall, so you shot because the smoke wouldn't allow you to see that there was also a wall in front of the guy. And earlier you said your monitor can let you see through smoke, so then if you could see through smoke, you should have been able to see that there was no guy in the smoke, yet you still shot.

Checkmate

=HOG= Server Admin
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds