Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

An update on racism

More
2 years 3 months ago #32894 by Tom Tucker
Replied by Tom Tucker on topic An update on racism

I think this is pure politics,but pr is a game,not Washington DC.We shouldn't care about this or any political topic,the only thing we care about is whether we have warriors who can win the war or not.This is pr,we only care about the game itself ,not politics,or this wonderful game we like will be ruined.We have so many problems associate with the fight experience itself to deal with,to fight for "justice and power",go to Washington ,not in the server,right ?

Yes, this. White people are the only racial group in the world whose home is being eradicated with impunity. Not only is this something that is taking place, but it is taking place in the name of anti-racism. Look at any country where this racial group (white Europeans) was/is a majority, and you can see that the demographic change is against us, and in the foreseeable future we will become a minority. This is true in the UK, the US, and in almost every other white majority country in Europe, with only a small handful of exceptions.

If I said that I was against Jews being a majority in Israel, or the Japanese being a majority in Japan, then you would (rightly) call me a racist, and yet if I take a position opposing mass immigration to Europe from non-white countries, suddenly I would be a dissident voice.

If, as gaming clan, you want to simply stay out of this debate, then fair enough. But if you want to take any kind of strong stand (as you apparently do), then remember it cuts both ways. Racism is racism. Anti-white racism is just another form of racism. If someone calls me a cracker, then my position on that is that it is fine, and I should be able to respond with any kind of equivalent racial slur, and yet I will most likely be banned from your server if I do. ...But will you ban someone calling me a cracker or a honky? Probably not. For the sake of consistency though you should. ...Or, another form of consistency could come in the form of simple unfiltered free speech, like gaming used to be.
More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #32908 by =HOG=ShrapGnoll
Replied by =HOG=ShrapGnoll on topic An update on racism
This server is not run by the US government, you have no free speech here.

If a private organization doesn't like your behaviour they absolutely have every right to exclude you. HOG isn't funded by its members so edgelords can go around on some soap box preaching about race politics.

In fact, there are appropriate areas in Discord if you want to respectfully discuss those kinds of things. Not allowing disrespectful language is not a hard ask.
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by =HOG=ShrapGnoll.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =HOG=Justice
More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #32912 by Tom Tucker
Replied by Tom Tucker on topic An update on racism

This server is not run by the US government, you have no free speech here.

If a private organization doesn't like your behaviour they absolutely have every right to exclude you. HOG isn't funded by its members so edgelords can go around on some soap box preaching about race politics.

Thank you, but I was under no illusion that this server was an outfit of the US government. Far from wishing to preach about race politics, I would prefer to entirely disregard it while gaming. It is the emphasis placed on race relations by HOG (see thread title) which has led me to discuss the topic at all in the first place.

As I have stated elsewhere, free speech is something which, till not long ago, was generally recognised as a shared cultural value in the West, and did not generally require government involvement to be upheld. It was an organically sustained precept which many of our grandparents fought to defend with their lives, and which today many of us feel a reflexive urge to defend with our voices.

It is interesting that you consider me an "edgelord" for writing in defence of a racial group having a right to a home, and having legitimate group interests. Far from being edgy, this is arguably one of the most basic concepts in moral reasoning on the topic of human affairs.

Since HOG has a public forum, I hope you understand that a diverse range of views can be expressed herein, but anyway, at the end of the day I respect the right of any game server to manage its own affairs as it sees fit, so I suppose that's that.
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Tom Tucker.
More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #32913 by =HOG=ShrapGnoll
Replied by =HOG=ShrapGnoll on topic An update on racism
Would you go into someones home or business and start using racial pejoratives, and not be expected to be thrown out? This is like a club, it has members. If you piss them off they will kick you out. It's simple.

realitymod.com and the Project Reality Discord also have rules against racial pejoratives. Why don't you take your complaint to the DEVs and see what they say?
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by =HOG=ShrapGnoll.
Time to create page: 0.183 seconds