Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

New Video Card?

• =HOG= xambone
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #6290 by =HOG= xambone
New Video Card? was created by =HOG= xambone
I need to replace my old video card i have a 1000 watt power supply but need a new video card. $200 would be desired range. Then i get to reading about this GTX1070 card for $425 that's crazy improved over the 980ti card like double the specs. If im buying a new card and have the power why not? I would love to get the card then replace the mobo and processor later. Any suggestions? Newegg and ebay only places i looked. I play 1080 resolution 1920X1080 so that needs to be the specs im looking at on FPS charts.
  • =HOG= xambone
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 10 months ago #6291 by =HOG= xambone
  • =HOG= Moozery
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • =HOG= System Administrator
More
7 years 10 months ago #6305 by =HOG= Moozery
Replied by =HOG= Moozery on topic New Video Card?
The gtx 1060 is probably just around the corner and will be MUCH more fitting to your budget. And probably still very powerful too. Ive always stuck with the 60 cards for the past while. Though your uses also matter too, like the 1070 will probably be aimed at VR and 4K gaming and anything above 1080p or 60fps. But if youre just using 1080 and satisfied with 60fps or less, i think thats where the 60 cards come in.

Also, 1000 watts? Hows that hydro bill? :D
Dont worry about power requirements. From what ive been hearing some of the new 1000 cards can run off of just the PCI power alone.

"My brain has too many tabs open, and I can't figure out which one is playing that freaking song!"
More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #6314 by Tequila
Replied by Tequila on topic New Video Card?
The AMD 480 is just around the corner too (release the 29th). It's MSRP is $200 and should be released in a week or so. Early (rumored) benchmarks are saying its 10-20% slower than the 1070, better sources say its about in the gtx 980 range. Even at that point though, its a LOT of performance for $200. I'm interested in the 1070 too, especially since it kicks the shit out of a Titan X, but like most people, money talks. The 1070 is only available in the founders edition right now for insane money. Screw that. It gives me a good excuse to wait and see how the 480 turns out and if its a worthwhile upgrade to my gtx 780.

Ive always stuck with the 60 cards for the past while.

I got so much value out of a gtx 460, its crazy. I owned it for 2 years then it became my back up card. When my main card went tits up (gtx 660), I used it for a few months and was amazed at how well it held up, even at 2560x1440. I upgraded to my gtx 780 a few years back and threw it in my brother in-law's computer and he used it for a good year or so without a complaint at 1920x1080. He recently got a free gtx 660 and he will probably get my gtx 780 once I decide if im going to upgrade or not. The 6 line is always a really good value, even if you don't upgrade very often.

Proud =HOG= Guest Admin since 2012.
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Tequila.
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds