Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

HOG not a welcoming server for players?

• jab116
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #28288 by jab116
Just returned to PR from a muti-year hiatus, was looking forw[/right]ard to playing on the HOG server. Not only was it the most populated, but HOG in the past had a reputation for consistency, fairness, and fun. This was not what I was met with today.

To start, I joined a squad called "Mech Inf". I joined the squad and get a kit. About 3 min later the squad leader asks if I have a mic. The response to which I respond by typing because I do not have one. The squad leader kicks me. At this point the squad I am trying to join is the only non-asset squad and one with available space. I have a HAT kit and I don't think it should be wasted as a solo player. So I rejoin. Again, I am kicked. I cannot create a squad because as per your rules, "A squad leader should have a mic". I remain in this current squad, until the vehicle arrives and I get out. At this point the squad leader, [TP] Ruiz tk's me and says, "Don't revive him" and "Someone take his kit". At which point my HAT kit is stolen by another person in the squad. I report this incident using console commands to the admin on, lespyd [Prisim] at which point he kills my SL. This does nothing to resolve the issue, and Ruiz again kicks me and locks the squad. Ruiz then admits to TK'ing me for not having a mic using !r in console commands (if this is ok per your rules, please educate me). I again report the situation, and lespyd tells me to "leave the squad". I respond by telling him again, the squad is called "Mech Inf" not "mic inf" and no other squads are open. I additionally notify him my kit was taken in the process. At which point he ignores me and never responds.

I attempt to join multiple other squads and am kicked every time, even though the squad isn't locked and the rules require you to join a squad. Preventing myself and others from engaging in teamwork and cohesion. My point for this post is the lack of enforcement of your rules. Furthermore, I have been around PR since 2008 so I understand the situation. However, had this happened to any new player I would leave PR or avoid this server. With low numbers, I think making the best environment possible is to everyone's benefit. Getting Tk'd with kits stolen, getting kicked from/unable to join squads when your rules require you to join them, and an unwelcoming environment where rules are not enforced was not the HOG I expected to return too. Just thought I should make you aware of my experience today. I know admins can become overloaded/overworked, and maybe this was the case. Just not what I expected in one of my first games back. Thanks for your time.

EDIT: Map was Black Gold, our team was PLA, and the time was around 11:15am CDT today should you wish to investigate further. I apologize in advance if this is in the wrong section of your forum. I should add, I continue to play on your servers and see players (CryLink) using !r to report players without mics multiple times and saying we will banned for not having a mic as inf. If this is a rule, please let me know. These rules are clearly in conflict with each other. Players are directed to join a squad, players join the open squad, and are kicked from said squad because "if they don't want you in your squad they can choose, join another"-Lespyd [Prism]. Which is it? If the only open squad keeps kicking you, how are you supposed to play the game? I just want to play full game without conflict and even that is impossible now.
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by jab116.
More
3 years 7 months ago #28290 by Deleted
Replied by Deleted on topic HOG not a welcoming server for players?
Squad leaders can kick whomever they please, if you keep joining back you will be admind. I recommend you get a mic or find a squad that is fine with no mics.
  • =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 7 months ago #28291 by =HOG=Haley11thACR
Replied by =HOG=Haley11thACR on topic HOG not a welcoming server for players?
Send your address we will send u a mic if u are too poor to buy one.
  • jab116
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #28292 by jab116
Replied by jab116 on topic HOG not a welcoming server for players?
Thank you for your response.

However, due to the ambiguous nature of your response, I believe you have failed to answer some questions raised in my post;

1. Is TKing for no mic acceptable on the HOG server?

2. If SL's can kick for whatever they want, how is that conducive to teamwork and retention of players in PR? If a player is faced with either not joining a squad resulting in their kick from a server, joining the only open squad again and being "admind" for not having a mic, or not playing PR all. Which one of those encourages players to join? They all result in a player lost from the server.

3. Is it ok for other non-admin players on the HOG server to intimidate others by spreading misinformation and saying they will be banned for not having a mic? (I witnessed this happen to others beside myself). If its a rule or you want a mic requirement rule, and to marginalize part of your player base, just post it to your rules here.

This is all stuff I experienced on your server in 4hrs of gameplay today as a veteran of PR. Now imagine a new player experiencing this on their first time on your server. Would you want to stick around? PR is dying, there is no denying that. The goal should be to welcome and hold on to every player we can get, the direct opposite of what is encouraged by what I saw. At the end of the day, its your server do what you want. This is just my objective experience returning to the once great HOG server after being away. But it might be of benefit to go "undercover" as a new player without a mic and experience what I saw for yourselves. Thanks.

Edit: And Haley, as to your comment I understand what you are getting at. However, for myself it is not a case of finances. It is really not any of you business as to why I don't have a mic but I will answer anyway. I suffered damage to my trigeminal nerve while serving in the military that can make it difficult for me to articulate and communicate effectively sometimes. As such, I choose to type rather than speak as printed words cant be misunderstood or need to be repeated often. Not everyone doesn't use a mic because they are poor. I feel obligated to make that known, as there may be others who choose to not utilize a mic because of physical impairment. That shouldn't be a barrier to having fun or playing on your servers. I realize it may have been a tongue in cheek comment or genuine, it's hard to tell over the internet. If tongue in cheek, no offense taken.
Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by jab116.
  • jab116
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 7 months ago #28294 by jab116
Replied by jab116 on topic HOG not a welcoming server for players?
Hi Duster,

I'm really not sure what this means. Is Blue Drake someone with HOG? If so, I've never heard of them. The only names I recognized today were Super, Haley, and some of the prwars.
More
3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #28295 by =HOG=ShrapGnoll
Replied by =HOG=ShrapGnoll on topic HOG not a welcoming server for players?
Having a microphone is not strictly required to play on HOG, but you can't be a squad leader or use any heavy assets without one. Most PR squad leaders want people with microphones in their squads, and kick players without one.

Even a really cheap $5 mic is enough, it is a communication and teamwork based game, playing without a mic is sort of missing the point.Didn't see the edit, players will be understanding if you explain this to them. If they don't they aren't worth playing with anyway. If you can't use a mic you have to let people know that otherwise they will assume you just don't want to use one.

As for the teamkilling, it's not acceptable that a player intentionally teamkilled you. But you said lespyd did respond to the report and took action against the squad leader.

Relevant rules:

2.2 Squad Leaders must have and use microphone and speak English.
2.7 Squad leaders are in charge and have full control of their squad, if they do not want you in their squad they can remove you for any reason. Don’t be a pest, if kicked from squad, go find another one.
3.1 English is the primary language for this server, you must speak English to use heavy assets. You must have and use microphones to crew heavy assets, (drivers and gunners).

Last edit: 3 years 7 months ago by =HOG=ShrapGnoll.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jab116
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds