Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

HOG not a welcoming server for players?

• =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
3 years 8 months ago - 3 years 8 months ago #28296 by =HOG=Haley11thACR
Replied by =HOG=Haley11thACR on topic HOG not a welcoming server for players?
I was just fucking with you. I'm a veteran too...I have hearing loss in my left ear and sometimes the headphones are a bitch...this game is very difficult to play effectively with out the ability to communicate especially if u need a player in your squad to confirm the order, to respond and react quickly....squad members without a mic can make playing squad leader much more difficult especially when 7 or 8 other squad leaders and a commander are talking in squad chat too...taking a vital kit like a HAT makes things even more difficult...i am sympathetic to your situation but that being said if I had u in my squad I would assign u as a rifleman or kick u out if communication was difficult...just saying OK would be enough...trying to follow the chat along with all the other chat is difficult...
Last edit: 3 years 8 months ago by =HOG=Haley11thACR.
The following user(s) said Thank You: jab116
  • jab116
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 8 months ago #28297 by jab116
Replied by jab116 on topic HOG not a welcoming server for players?
@Shrap

Thanks for your response. I was aware of the rules as I read them before joining. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t flagrantLt violating a rule I didn’t see. I had multiple people on your server tell me not having a mic as a non-SL non heavy asset user was an offense I could be banned for. It seems like they, and the guy who TK’d me were trying to take advantage. I appreciate your response.

@Haley

Thanks for replying again to clarify. No hard feelings friend. It is good to see a familiar name like yours still around after all these years. I understand your viewpoint. I guess the PR community has changed since I was last around and suspect some players might be doing a little “gate keeping” of their own. Obviously yourself and HOG has done something right, weathering all these years of I assume ups and downs and still left standing. You all should be proud.

It seems to me now this appears to be more of a problem of the player base than the admins here. Though I personally would like to see a stronger stance from HOG to the blatant TK’ing and attempted intimidation in the future. Anyhow, I’ll give your servers and PR some more time to see if I can make it work for myself. If not, maybe it’s time to move on to a different game and stop living in the past glory of PR.
More
3 years 8 months ago #28298 by squires990
Replied by squires990 on topic HOG not a welcoming server for players?
Hit us up if you're on mate. Plenty of us can accommodate a no-mic guy if you're upfront about it and a team player. Ruiz is an arsehole to everyone.
More
3 years 8 months ago #28299 by =HOG= Dogfart
Replied by =HOG= Dogfart on topic HOG not a welcoming server for players?
Jab...the following is my =HOG= experience/reality. Meaning, I'm only speaking for myself, not the whole crew:

If you come into =HOG= "vagina-first" expect to get some sand thrown in it. The good news is the sand washes out if you insist on repeating the pattern. The appeal of PR, as a video game, is 90% real time comm's and decision making. (Man stuff) By refusing to use a mic you've automatically relegated your experience to the other 10%. As a squad leader I'll tolerate that but will also relegate your role to equal importance. Bottom line, welcome back...but manage your expectations.
More
3 years 8 months ago #28312 by =HOG=Ruiz321
Replied by =HOG=Ruiz321 on topic HOG not a welcoming server for players?
I just want to make sure everyone understands the Ruiz, this guy is mentioning is NOT me.

Regarding the situation itself I cannot comment as this happened with different people.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =HOG=Rayray2014_, R1ghty
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds