Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

• SjKimber
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #7657 by SjKimber
Correct me if I'm wrong. was created by SjKimber
NOV 2015 the VAB VTT(FRENCH) Boragh (MEC) and Fuchs (GERMAN) was added to the game.
Open top machinegun light armored transport vehicles. On certain maps they are the ONLY type of light transport for infantry.
They require 1 crewman to drive and is able to be one-manned, soloed.

I've asked Jevski a specific question one day. Are these claimable vehicles (APC). The answer given to me is No. Due to the fact that they do not require 2 crewmen to operate. They are also not HEAVY armored vehicles such as an IFV or APC.

The VAB and Fuchs are wheeled light armored personnel carriers. The Boragh is a MTLB platform.

For the past year I have had never an issue with any admin regarding using these vehicles without naming my squad APC.
Actually I've had admins agreeing with me that is not a claimable vehicle when APC squad makes a theft report.

Tonight GEO decides the Boragh is an APC. Under the reasoning that it is a tracked vehicle. Under the reasoning that it is an MTLB. The only other admin on is Haley. Haley also agreed that the Boragh is an APC and the rules have never changed.

This is a complete 180 on the view of what is and isn't an APC. I know GEO has not been on frequently however Haley HAS been on the server. I know I and many other players use the Boragh with no issues even when players report theft because the admins sided with the view that the Boragh is NOT an APC.

I know I have a hot temper, especially when I have to play Muttrah Large for the upteenth time this weekend night.So it boils my blood when I am warned for "stealing" an "APC".
For those that have played with me know I am rude and crude. When I was warned I typed
BORAGH
FUCK YOU
NOT APC
Subsequently I was kicked by GEO for using the Boragh when every other admin for the past year has never had a problem with it.
I argued with GEO on TS and his claim is that the Boragh is a tracked vehicle so it is an APC. This rule has never changed in the past 8 years that he has played PR. (the boragh has been introduced the last year)
What perplexes me the most is that Haley agrees with GEO in that the rules have not changed and does not understand why people think the Boragh is not an APC.

For the past year I, other players, and other HOG admins have seen the new light armored transport vehicles as non claimable assets. I don't understand why this seems to be an issue tonight. I don't understand how Haley has a completely different view when I have used the boragh 2 nights prior and he did not see a problem then.

So does it just comes down to which admin wants to interpret which rule for the night? Seems like a very bullshit situation to me.
I'm only pissed off like this because in the previous round GEO was my squadleader. One of the squadmates killed an enemy APC and the APC crewman made reports that a fellow teammate teamkilled him. Everyone in the squad is talking in squad comms realizing that the enemy is making a false report. GEO decides to do an immediate action and !ban the reported player all while we are talking how the APC crewman was mistaken!
I know shit happens but that ban should have not happened especially when the entire squad is talking about how the report is falsely accused.

Back to the Boragh. When there has been no incident for the past year over the boragh that's bullshit to be kicked from the server because I argued against the admin that I have not seen playing frequently in a long while.

This whole situation is bullshit.
  • =HOG=Haley11thACR
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
7 years 7 months ago #7658 by =HOG=Haley11thACR
Replied by =HOG=Haley11thACR on topic Correct me if I'm wrong.
I did not agree or disagree that it was an APC. I said post it in the forums. I was asked if the MTLB was claimable and I said yes by the APC squad. I was not even aware the Boragh was able to be one manned....I have no problem with what your are arguing it just the way u went about it that was out of line...running your mouth/swearing to an admin in most cases gets u a ban.
  • SjKimber
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #7659 by SjKimber
Replied by SjKimber on topic Correct me if I'm wrong.
fair enough. To clarify Haley is the Boragh claimable? Was I right or wrong when it comes to that?
More
7 years 7 months ago #7660 by =HOG= Geo
Replied by =HOG= Geo on topic Correct me if I'm wrong.
1) You ware kicked from server not because you stoled APC but because you disrespected admin. You acted like immature kid and you should know better.
PS disrespecting admin is bannable offense.

[23:54 GLOBAL ] prWARs SjKimber: NOT APC
[23:54 GLOBAL ] prWARs SjKimber: FUCKYOU
[23:54 GLOBAL ] prWARs SjKimber: BORAGH

2) Boragh is APC. APC stands for A= armor P= personal C= carrier and Boragh meets all of those criteria.

3) InnuJoker was banned because Red_sun reported him for Team killing, when it come to my attention Red was reporting falsely I warned him and took time off my game to make a report for InnuJoker to be unbaned and InnuJoker was unbaned with in 15 minutes.

23:17 SQUAD 1 ] red_sun: !r InnuJoker purposly setting Mines under tracked APC
[23:20 SQUAD 2 ] =HOG= Geo: !w red do not false report

3) Coming on TS screaming like a fool and here and attacking my integrity as admin show how immature you are. just so you know I have been playing PR close to decade and I have been member of HOG for 9 years and adming for 9 years, never have I been banned on any server pass or present. so DO NOT CAME HERE and try to make me look like admin who does not know what his doing. in my opinion you are disgrace to wear PRwars tag because you do not have maturity to act like one.
PS I once use to be PRwars members and I know standards that clan has.
  • SjKimber
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #7661 by SjKimber
There are many "Armored Personnel Carriers" In the game. The three I mention all meet the criteria of an "APC" and is considered a light armored vehicle like a HMMWV.

I'm going to let you and the other HOG admins decide whether or not the ruling of boragh is claimable or not. Especially when for the past year it has been treated as a non-claimable vehicle by every other admin.

Regarding Innujoker there was no TK message. That was discussed in the Squad comms. Not only that it was discussed how our squadmate killed the APC and the player is assuming a teammate teamkilled him. I also pointed out what he typed out that he ASSUMED innujoker mined him because he saw "lots of minemarkers and he had combat engineer" You can look in the logs for that part (he was dead when he typed it) In any case you banned him immediately instead of actually realizing what everyone in the squad was saying. That could have been prevented.

You're not the only one who has played PR since practically the beginning. I don't see how playing this game for almost a decade has anything to do with any of this.

I came into the TS in rage that you are the ONLY admin that has any issue with the boragh. I play this game for the love of what it is and never joined a "clan" for the past 8 years. It's only recently I threw the prWARs tags on because I see these members as my brothers more than my friends and I can talk shit with them just like brothers. I am not speaking for the prWARs group nor does this have anything to do with prWARs. There is no reason why you should be bringing up prWARs other than for defamation.

This incident tonight has everything to do with your decisions as an admin to do immediate administrative actions.
In which in both incidents show that
A) innu should have never been banned
B ) For the past year since it was introduced into PR the Boragh is NOT claimable. (under the fact that you are able to solo it)

Project Reality is dwindling. The community is not what it once was. Only through big updates does Project Reality get a jump start and the player base barely holds on. This bullshit does not help with the community at all.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by SjKimber.
  • SjKimber
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 7 months ago #7663 by SjKimber
You can call me immature for voicing my opinion with passion. You don't know me.
I can call you immature for acting like a power high admin that refuses to listen to the playerbase and tells the player they're wrong even though every other HOG administrator for the past year see the Boragh as a non claimable asset.

I'm not here to "attack your integrity" GEO. I'm here to bring up a valid issue.
If not all admins view the rules the same there is an issue.
If admins ban immediately only because of a report and refuses to listen to the squad members that is stating it is a false claim. There is an issue.

By the way it was Haley that told me to put it in the forums. I would have gladly talked to you in TS and let you aware that your antiquated views of what constitutes as an "APC" is different from the views of other HOG admins. However you did not want to deal with it and rather wanted me to shut up. I've been an admin before and I too had run ins with the playerbase questioning me, yelling at me of my decisions. Not once have I thrown them out of the channel and refused to deal with it. At the same time all my decisions were very systematically made to ensure that I made a fair decision with my administrative actions.

You lecture me that I'm immature. I'm passionate about my beliefs and I'm damn well make certain about what I'm speaking of before I open my mouth.
Time to create page: 0.116 seconds