Mumble vs. Realtec audio

• =HOG= Dogfart
  • =HOG= Dogfart's Avatar Topic Author
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
8 years 5 months ago #1075 by =HOG= Dogfart
Mumble vs. Realtec audio was created by =HOG= Dogfart
Trying to fix this myself and not asking anyone to change my diapers but hoping someone could look at my footprints and maybe see what I'm missing?

Symptom:
Incoming audio ceases completely but outgoing does not. At least, when doing a mic check, others respond via squad chat and say they can hear me just fine. The loss of incoming sound is so complete that I can't get sound from YouTube unless I completely reboot my computer. When I do the reboot and launch/join game I have both incoming and outgoing but eventually I lose the incoming. Plus, it's a seemingly random occurrence...I.E. might be fine for a couple days then goes out every time I log in...no real pattern.

Attempted remedies:
Have RealTek set to "Speakers" even though I'm using headphones because selecting headphones in RealTek doesn't work at all. Can't explain that

I've run the audio wizard in Mumble at least a few times to match "speaker" settings in RealTek to Mumble.
While in game I've tried Alt/Tab to Task Mgr and disabled/turned off mumble...it goes off and turns itself back on...back to game no fix.
I have a Soundblaster card but it's disabled.
I've read the PR manual and the recurring theme seems to be "Trial and Error"

Last, others tell me they are having or have had the same problem just wondering if it's something PR players have to live with like squad bug/crashes, etc?
More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #1076 by fenneclat
Replied by fenneclat on topic Mumble vs. Realtec audio
Realtec usually has proprietary drivers that Windows does not install under normal circumstances.

1. Open your case and find the motherboard brand and model code on it. It's usually stamped in bold block letters somewhere.

2. Google that model code and go to anything relating to the manufacturer of your motherboard. DO NOT GO TO OBSCURE SITES OFFERING DRIVERS.

3. At the site you must search for drivers for your motherboard; you already have the model code. Use it to track down its drivers.

4. Download and install the AUDIO drivers for your motherboard. They may not have drivers for your exact version of Windows, but anything from Windows XP to Windows 10 will most likely work. Restart Windows after installation when asked.

5. If it doesn't work and Windows complains that it can't install the drivers, you could try going to Realtec looking for drivers there. I usually avoid that because they don't always keep a user friendly database of what drivers go where.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by fenneclat.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =HOG= Dogfart
  • =HOG= Dogfart
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
8 years 5 months ago #1078 by =HOG= Dogfart
Replied by =HOG= Dogfart on topic Mumble vs. Realtec audio
Thanks Zip...i'm on it. And in return for the favor I'll revive you first when you need a medic.
;)
  • TheMerchantOfMenace
More
8 years 4 months ago #1363 by TheMerchantOfMenace
Replied by TheMerchantOfMenace on topic Mumble vs. Realtec audio
You figure it out Dog?
  • =HOG= Dogfart
  • User is blocked
  • User is blocked
More
8 years 4 months ago #1480 by =HOG= Dogfart
Replied by =HOG= Dogfart on topic Mumble vs. Realtec audio
Thought I did for a day or so then it went back to it's old ways.
Then, Windows 10 "upgrade" sent my machine to the ER for about a week. The tech's at my local computer shop were able to roll me back to Win7. Just getting powered up today.

I truly don't get it...starting to think my Razor keyboard might be the culprit...I run my headphones thru the 3mm jacks in keyboard and then 3mm jacks out of keyboard to sound card. I've tried running headphones (logitec behind-the-ear style) straight into sound card bypassing keyboard but I get no sound that way...I know, weird.

Still, others are having the problem as well so I have to think Mumble is missing a driver or has some type of driver conflict that turns off in bound game sound. No other audio anything (Youtube, music files, etc.) on my computer creates these circumstances like Mumble. Thanks for checking on me...see ya in game, i'll be the deaf medic everyone's pissed at.
  • TheMerchantOfMenace
More
8 years 4 months ago #1542 by TheMerchantOfMenace
Replied by TheMerchantOfMenace on topic Mumble vs. Realtec audio
Maybe some evening we can use Teamviewer and we can take a crack at 'er together... see what we can figure out?
Time to create page: 0.141 seconds