Notice

The forum is in read only mode.

You guys need to start doing your job. Manage the server instead of the players.

• =HOG=Justice
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • =HOG= Admin
More
4 years 5 months ago #25921 by =HOG=Justice
We have to also focus and not overlook single players, because they can have an impact on the server and everyone else. One person can ruin the game for everyone else and that is why we don't overlook someone being an asshat, wasting valuable assets, or doing anything else to disrupt gameplay. As far as team stacking goes, I have always seen admins switching squads to make the teams a little more even. I have also done it myself. We're not always going to have rounds that end with less than a 100 ticket difference. It's impossible to maintain several rounds in a row which end very close, because an outcome is also dependent on the map and available assets to a team. So, we do try to fix teams, but understand that sometimes it's not possible to consistently maintain that and there will be times when one team completely rolls over the other.

=HOG= Server Admin
  • =HOG=Justice
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • =HOG= Admin
More
4 years 5 months ago - 4 years 5 months ago #25924 by =HOG=Justice
You don't think I've been in that situation where there is no coordination between squads and the team gets rolled? It happens, but the problem is when it happens continuously. Weren't you leading the tank squad last night on Khami when shaniqua came in and asked towards the end if our squad was willing to switch? And I did see squads being shuffled. We do try to even the gameplay. There have also been times when no shuffle is done and the team that gets rolled one round completely obliterates the other on the next one. You know that maps and game modes can affect a team's performance. I've also seen stacked teams get beat by a bunch of pubbers. We're not going to be able to perfectly balance every round.

Is team balancing what ultimately brings you to the forums? Or is it also more of a retaliatory response to warnings? Last night shaniqua warned and asked you if trans had given you permission to fly the osprey and you completely went off on him. To me it felt like your response was more of his audacity to warn you. Admins are damned if we do, damned if we don't. Aren't we? We're going to enforce the rules no matter who you are, so don't take it personally and go off on an admin especially if he's simply asking you and not automatically accusing you. If you owned the trans squad and I noticed another person flying one of your choppers, I'd do the same and ask them if they had permission from you. As admins, we'd be on your side just as much as we could be on another person's side whom you've stolen an asset from or have done something against. So as I said, don't take it personal.

=HOG= Server Admin
Last edit: 4 years 5 months ago by =HOG=Justice.
  • =HOG=Justice
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • =HOG= Admin
More
4 years 5 months ago #25932 by =HOG=Justice
Nobody said anything about you losing the osprey. We understood what happened. After it was made clear that you had not stolen it, the issue was dropped. The whole "Stop Doing That" is automatic. I could send someone a warning and be asking them how their day went and they will still get a "Stop Doing That".

I'm not denying that sometimes we could do a little bit more shuffling. I'd be biased if I said we never have a problem with it. I don't hide things. Just like you, before I was admin, I have also brought the issue up in game myself. And now as an admin, if I don't see someone else already switching squads in a round that's clearly unbalanced, I do it myself.

Shaniqua did come into the squad and asked "Hey Justice and Sab, are yall cool if you switch over on the next round?" to which I replied "I don't mind, it's fine. But I actually don't think I'll be here for the next round" and Sab then said "I don't think I'll be here either." See, it was already midnight where Sab and I are, and I personally had to wake up at 7am. I didn't even finish the round and we still had 400 tickets left when we lost that tank. If you're saying you only heard him ask if we were going to play another round, then you missed the most important part of that whole exchange which in part is a huge reason why we're here.

=HOG= Server Admin
  • =HOG=Justice
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
  • =HOG= Admin
More
4 years 5 months ago #25934 by =HOG=Justice
There actually is a command to shuffle teams but it never worked the way it was intended to. I don't even think it's still functioning option. Everyone would always end up switching themselves back with their friends. Then you had people who complained about being Opfor twice. So the better alternative ended up being to switch individual squads.

After all, don't think that we don't care about providing a fair environment for people to have fun in. Losing sucks, but losing all the time and by a huge margin is unbearable. I understand. I will keep this conversation in mind if and when this becomes an issue again in the server and I hope that any other admins who read this thread will as well.

=HOG= Server Admin
More
4 years 5 months ago #25943 by =HOG= shaniqua
I do try to balance but you have to understand that people enjoy steamrolling others,its an unfortunate truth,90% of the time I have to switch my squad or another admins squad because no one is willing to step up for a fair game.The problem with that is that I then get accused or admin abuse and blufor whoring,which while untrue is a headache to deal with.Balancing is a whole ordeal and isn't as simple as people often make it out to be,I can't "scramble" because people will switch back,and I cant do a random switch because often people have been waiting to play as a faction and it would be unfair to them.Know that when theirs an imbalance other admins and I DO notice and are trying to work it out.We want to keep the server alive,that's why we became admins to begin with.

and on the note of the warning,I do it like justice said to get your attention,no accusations were meant.I always give people the benefit of the doubt but If i type it, chances are you will miss the text and when dealing with stolen assets its better to get knowledge as fast as possible.Know that if I warn someone,sometimes other admins or squad leads its often just to get there attention and not an accusation of wrong doing,my bad if it was misinterpreted.

The Shaniest of the quas
The following user(s) said Thank You: =HOG=Justice, xXsoapXx98
More
4 years 5 months ago #25944 by squires990
Mate our team lost the previous match by 200 tickets, how are we supposed to guess which team will dominate the next match?

If you don't want puden to get 80 kills in the A-10 on Bamyan Alt, destroy it on the runway instead of repeatedly sending inane messages in global chat about team balance.

Like everyone has already said, we regularly switch squads for balance, usually our own despite knowing we will have to expend extra effort to improve our new team because people aren't willing to take responsibility for their own gameplay and do something themselves to improve the team.

You barely play so you have no idea how most of us admin the server.

Stop typing stupid messages in global chat, you *will* keep getting kicked for it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: =HOG=Justice
Time to create page: 0.327 seconds